Please refer to our DISCLOSURE STATEMENT.
If you need a fun theme lesson, add studying the life cycle of a pumpkin to your list!
Fall, especially around Halloween, is a great time to study pumpkins because you can do so many hands on activities to go with it — head out to the pumpkin patch, roast pumpkin seeds, make pumpkin cookies or pumpkin cake pops, and so much more.
Life Cycle of a Pumpkin Books for Kids
Not to mention, there are so many fantastic kids books out there about pumpkins and the life cycle of a pumpkin:
And, don’t be afraid to carry this study unit into November for Thanksgiving so that you can take advantage of all the pumpkin-filled goodness for that holiday, too!
Here are some pumpkin resources that will allow you to create your own pumpkin unit study for homeschool, plus some other pumpkin-related activities and ideas for fall.
ALSO CHECK OUT : HOMEMADE BIRD FEEDER CRAFT
16 Pumpkin Lesson Plans and Activities
• Take a field trip to the local pumpkin patch/farm
• After you carve a real pumpkin, carve a pumpkin online
• Make an erupting pumpkin science experiment
• Play glow-in-the-dark pumpkin ring toss (big pumpkin with a stem to toss the rings onto and glow in the dark necklaces as the rings)
• Make tissue paper pumpkin favors for your friends
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE : THANKFUL ACTIVITIES | GRATITUDE STONE CRAFT
• Play Roll a Pumpkin
• Work on pumpkin fractions
What are your favorite things to do with pumpkin learning? Share it in the comments for others!
HOMESCHOOL BLOGS : CHECK OUT THESE OTHER FALL THEME LESSONS