Please refer to our DISCLOSURE STATEMENT.
Fall, especially around Halloween, is a great time to study pumpkins because you can do so many hands on activities to go with it — head out to the pumpkin patch, roast pumpkin seeds, make pumpkin cookies or pumpkin cake pops and so much more. Not to mention, there are so many fantastic kids books out there about pumpkins:
And, don’t be afraid to carry this study unit into November for Thanksgiving so that you can take advantage of all the pumpkin-filled goodness for that holiday, too!
Here are some pumpkin resources that will allow you to create your own pumpkin unit study for homeschool, plus some other pumpkin-related activities and ideas for fall.
ALSO CHECK OUT : HOMEMADE BIRD FEEDER CRAFT
16 Pumpkin Lesson Plans and Activities for Homeschool
• Take a field trip to the local pumpkin patch/farm
• After you carve a real pumpkin, carve a pumpkin online
• Make an erupting pumpkin science experiment
• Play glow-in-the-dark pumpkin ring toss (big pumpkin with a stem to toss the rings onto and glow in the dark necklaces as the rings)
• Make tissue paper pumpkin favors for your friends
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE : WHAT IS THE UNIT STUDY HOMESCHOOL METHOD?
• Play Roll a Pumpkin
• Work on pumpkin fractions
What are your favorite things to do with pumpkin learning? Share it in the comments for others!
affiliate links are used in this post