FUN Peter Rabbit activities and Tale of Peter Rabbit lesson plans and craft ideas — great for Easter learning activities, Spring lesson ideas, Read Across America ideas, summer reading programs / reading together or theme learning units! Also makes learning fun with compare and contrast for kids books and movies (like Peter Rabbit 1 and Peter Rabbit 2).
Best Peter Rabbit Activities for Classroom and Home Learning
Use these ideas for a Peter Rabbit unit study or cute theme crafts, kids activities, and Peter Rabbit exercises any time of year!
How do you teach The Tale of Peter Rabbit?
Fun Activities for Teaching Peter Rabbit:
- Make a McGregor’s Garden map and practice map skills.
- Compare and contrast the books and movies for Peter Rabbit literacy activities.
- Color C for carrot Peter Rabbit worksheets.
- Make a cooked glazed carrots recipe.
- Host a Beatrix Potter tea party.
- Make Peter Rabbit crafts. (See our craft list!)
- Plant a mini McGregor’s garden in a planter. (Great for all ages from Peter Rabbit activities for preschool and up!)
- Use Peter Rabbit cutouts or felts for writing prompts or storytelling.
- Have a costume party and dress up as your favorite Beatrix Potter character or favorite Peter Rabbit clothes.
- Grow a carrot from an old carrot top for Peter Rabbit STEM activities. Use an observation journal to track science results!
- Play some Peter Rabbit educational games. (Get Peter Rabbit game ideas below).
- Make a McGregors Garden sensory bin for little hands fine motor skills to play after reading the book.
- Have a Peter Rabbit Puppet Show: Set up a small stage and create puppets of the characters from the book. Encourage the children to participate and act out the story.
- Do a Vegetable Garden Scavenger Hunt: Hide small plastic vegetables around the classroom or outside area and have the children search for them.
- Make paper rabbit ears or a paper rabbit mask.
- Have a Mr. McGregor’s Garden Relay Race: Set up an obstacle course or relay race with various tasks related to the book, such as jumping over a “garden fence” and retrieving a “carrot” before running back to the starting line.
- Do a Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cotton-Tail Cooking Lesson: Talk about healthy eating (like bunnies) and teach the children how to make a healthy snack or meal inspired by the book, such as carrot sticks with ranch dressing, carrot smoothies, carrot salad, or vegetable soup.
- Create a Peter Rabbit Art Project: Provide the children with paper and paint, and encourage them to create their own illustrations of the characters and scenes from the book.
- Do a Peter Rabbit Math Game or Math Activity: Create a math game inspired by the book, such as counting how many carrots are in a basket, adding up the number of vegetables on a plate, or doing rabbit multiplication.
- Have a Peter Rabbit Outdoor Adventure: Take the children on a nature walk and encourage them to observe the plants and animals around them, just like Peter Rabbit does in the book.
- Visit a local farm with rabbits and learn all about real rabbits.
KEEP SCROLLING for the full list of free Peter Rabbit printable activities / Peter Rabbit worksheets free, Peter Rabbit crafts, Peter Rabbit writing activities, Preschool lesson plan printable activities and up!
I’ve loved the Peter Rabbit story since I was a kid and I first read The Tale of Peter Rabbit.
I still have that tiny Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter picture book (now falling apart) from my childhood.
(Of course, I think I called him Peter Cottontail. They are the same, aren’t they??? The Peter Cottontail story is the Peter Rabbit story?)
It’s one of the earliest books that I remember reading and loving and then doing all sorts of fun Peter Rabbit activities and imaginary play.
So, you can imagine my — ahem, hesitancy — when I first heard that they were doing a Peter Rabbit movie (and now a Peter Rabbit 2 movie!). I mean, how could they possibly improve upon that beloved little rabbit in the blue coat?
But, the movies are actually pretty cute and can be paired up with the books for great theme units or activities for kids!
Before we get to the activities for teaching Peter Rabbit, let’s talk about the Peter Rabbit movies in case you want to include those in your learning projects.
Learning With Peter Rabbit Movie
Peter Rabbit Trailer
If you want to check out the Peter Rabbit movie trailer (for Peter Rabbit 1 and Peter Rabbit 2), go here:
(Watch the first Peter Rabbit online now.)
(Watch second Peter Rabbit full movie online.)
Is Peter Rabbit movie OK for kids?
The Peter Rabbit movie is rated PG for some “some rude humor and action.”
You’ll also have fun with:
What age is Peter Rabbit movie appropriate for?
Most parental reviews and family sites are listing the movie as appropriate for ages 7+.
Want more info on the movie?
Read the Common Sense Media review.
TIP: Did you know that there is a Peter Rabbit TV series that you can watch online?
(FYI: You can no longer Watch Peter Rabbit on YouTube, but you can get the Peter Rabbit cartoon online streaming!)
Whenever a new book or movie of interest comes out, I often figure out how to incorporate it into our learning with awesome lesson plans or activities to pair up with the movie (and/or book).
Check these Peter Rabbit activities, Peter Rabbit printable activities, The Tale Of Peter Rabbit exercise lessons out and HAVE FUN!
Ready for your FREE Tale of Peter Rabbit activities ideas?
Let’s get hopping! (Couldn’t resist…)
60+ FREE Peter Rabbit Activities, Worksheets, Printables, Lesson Plans, and Peter Rabbit Craft Activities
The Tale of Peter Rabbit Printables, Classroom Activities, and Crafts For Kids
These are Peter Rabbit worksheets and fun Peter Rabbit activities for preschool (pre-K pages) / rabbit activity kindergarten and up — bunny preschool activities, rabbit art project ideas, and more rabbit ideas to go with this theme lesson!
Printable Peter Rabbit Activities and Lesson Ideas:
Read a FREE online version of The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter for your Peter Rabbit read aloud
TIP: Check out The World of Peter Rabbit (The Original Peter Rabbit, Books 1-23) in a Keepsake Presentation Box! Also They now have a copy of the original 1902 book available! It’s so cool! Check it out!
Watch a Peter Rabbit video cartoon as part of your fun activities for rabbits
Do a Peter Rabbit science project
Answer what is the moral lesson of Peter Rabbit? (use these prompts)
Work on Peter Rabbit character traits with Peter Rabbit activity sheets (Grades 3-5)
Play online Peter Rabbit games
Color and cut Peter Rabbit ears (great for rabbit preschool craft or easy rabbit craft ideas for all ages)
Get Peter Rabbit felt ideas
Do a Peter Rabbit coat and button activity
Make a Rabbit sensory garden (get rabbit garden ideas)
Learn about farming and farm animals (great for bunny activities for preschoolers and up or to add to a rabbit lesson plan!)
Make a rabbit paper bag puppet (then use it as a story time helper)
Map Mr. McGregor’s Gardens (Perfect for Peter Rabbit maths activities!)
Complete a Peter Rabbit lesson plan
Do Peter Rabbit drawing activities (learn how to draw Peter Rabbit!)
Create a writing prompt from one of the pages in the book
Draw another Peter Rabbit
Play a rabbit mapping coordinates game (another good math game!)
Watch a VIDEO on how to paint Peter Rabbit
Grab some Peter Rabbit movie activity sheets
Make a Peter Rabbit pop-up “garden”
Get a Peter Rabbit rhyming poster(scroll down on that page)
Add Bunny Hop to your Peter Rabbit board games
Make Peter’s Coat (use old fabric, felt, or even tissue paper)
Do a Peter Rabbit writing activity
Roll and color a rabbit (great for a game or math center!)
Download a When Peter Rabbit Went to School flipbook
Do a Rabbits vs The Easter Bunny Venn Diagram
Do the Eating Like a Rabbit project
Plant a mini Rabbit indoor garden
Bake carrot cookies
More Peter Rabbit Activities, Books, and Movies for Peter Rabbit Theme Lessons
Best Peter Rabbit Children’s Books:
CHECK OUT THIS ACTIVITY NEXT: How To Grow Living Easter Basket Grass or Live Spring Baskets