March is Women’s History Month activities and lessons, Women’s History Month resources, women’s history projects, and fun ideas for women in history month!
March Is Women’s History Month Activities and History Lessons To Celebrate Women
Use these resources and ideas to for your womens history curriculum in March and all year long!
How do you celebrate Women’s History Month in the classroom?
Our Favorite Women’s History Month Activities and Ideas:
- Read living books about women in history.
- Focus on women in STEM / female innovators, which often gets left out of history lessons.
- Watch documentaries about important women throughout time.
- Listen to children’s podcasts highlighting historical women and their contributions to society.
- Discuss the importance of the suffragette movement and the 19th Amendment.
- Study women in sports.
- Interview a local woman who has made important contributions to your state or area.
- Dress up as your favorite women in history and give a presentation about her.
- Play historical women trivia or have a Women In History facts online virtual scavenger hunt for Women’s History Month games.
- Learn about girls around the world.
- Research women owned businesses in your area and then buy from them.
- Study women artists and do some women’s history art projects.
Why is teaching women’s history important?
- Highlights how far women’s rights have come in history.
- Honors the contributions, achievements, and accomplishments of important women in history.
- Introduces kids to historical figures that they may not know.
- Helps young girls understand anything is possible for them!
Women’s History Month Resources
Black Women In History Lessons for Kids
Kids learn about famous Black women in history and be introduced to some influential Black women they may not have heard about before!
Famous Women in American History
Great for Women’s Month Activities, history lessons for kids, and International Women’s Day celebrations for women that changed U.S. history.
Women’s History Month Activities
Unique, creative ways to inspire and celebrate the accomplishments of women, including some must-read kids’ books for Women’s History Month or International Women’s Day.
Learning About Rosa Parks
Activities on Rosa Parks, Rosa Parks worksheet packs, and resources — all great ways to learn about and honor an important woman in history.
Harriet Tubman Lessons for Kids
Great Harriet Tubman for kids activities—perfect for Black History Month, women in history, Harriet Tubman Day or addition to your homeschool history curriculum!
More Fun March Activities for Kids
Need more activities for March or Spring themes for preschool and up? Check out these March holidays, spring lessons, and ideas for March for kids to add to history of women month!