Need Black History Month Resources For The Classroom?
How much do you know about Black history?
Why is Black history important to learn?
What are Black History Month activities for February and beyond?
Whether you need meaningful Black History Month activities for high school students or, Black history month lessons elementary ages, or Black history for 5 year olds in preschool or kindergarten, we’ve got you covered for studying Black history with these inspiring student lesson plans and Black history ideas.
What activities can you do for Black History Month?
- Play Black history games activities
- Get Black history month printable activities
- Read children’s books about civil rights leaders
- Complete Black history lesson plans
- Review civil rights freedom movement posters and then recreate them as part of Black history art lessons
- Research Black scientists and find Black history month science lessons
- Study integral states in the civil rights movement as part of Black History Month geography lessons
- Highlight Black History Month people throughout the year (February and beyond!) and write about them as part of Black History Month english lessons
- Study famous African American musicians and do Black history music lessons
- Do a helping hands project for Black history lessons for preschoolers, toddlers, or kindergarten
- Choose Black history month daily lessons every day
- Download Black history printables and coloring sheets / Black history month printable activities
See the full Black history activities for kids below!