Need activities for March or Spring themes for preschool and up? Check out March holidays and everything you need for your March 2023 calendar of ideas and fun monthly activity calendar for kids, including school age activities for March.
IDEAS AND ACTIVITIES FOR MARCH
Whether you need fun March activities for preschoolers, activities for elementary students, middle and high school, we’ve got you covered! Be sure to fill up your activities calendar with these awesome ideas! Keep reading to find out what is special in March and fun ideas for for teaching kids during the month of March.
2023 March National Days, Dates, and Holidays for Kids
What holidays happen in March?
- Women’s History Month
- National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day (3/1)
- Fat Tuesday / Shrove Tuesday (Mardi Gras) (varies, February 21, 2023)
- Dr. Seuss Birthday / Read Across America (3/2)
- National Grammar Day (3/4)
- National Day of Unplugging (First Friday in March)
- International Women’s Day (3/8)
- Harriet Tubman Day (3/10)
- Mario Day (3/10)
- National Johnny Appleseed Day (3/11) (Also celebrated on September 26, his birthday)
- National Plant a Flower Day (3/12)
- Daylight Saving Time (Second Sunday in March)
- National Children’s Craft Day (3/14)
- National Pi Day (3/14)
- National Write Down Your Story Day (3/14)
- Ides of March (3/15)
- National Artichoke Day (3/16)
- National Panda Day (3/16)
- St. Patrick’s Day (3/17)
- First Day of Spring / Spring Equinox (3/20)
- National Corn Dog Day (3/20)
- National Ravioli Day (3/20)
- International Day of Happiness (3/20)
- World Down Syndrome Day (3/21)
- World Poetry Day (3/21)
- National Goof Off Day (3/22)
- World Meteorological Day (3/23)
- National Chip and Dip Day (3/23)
- National Puppy Day (3/23)
- National Ag Day (3/21) (Varies)
- National Tolkien Reading Day (3/25)
- Make Up Your Own Holiday (3/26)
- National Scribble Day (3/27)
- National Pencil Day (3/30)
- National Take a Walk in the Park Day (3/3o)
- National Crayon Day (3/31)
- National Bunsen Burner Day (3/31)
Any of the March national holidays are a great starting point for lessons, March crafts, or kids’ projects!
Don’t miss our full list of March school activities, special activities for March, and projects later in the post! KEEP SCROLLING for March activities for students, homeschoolers, March art activities for preschoolers, and at-home March ideas!
What themes are in March?
Add these themes to March month activities — easy fun activities for Spring and March holidays!
March Event Ideas:
- Daylight Savings
- Weather (“In Like a Lion, Out Like a Lamb”)
- Women in History Month
- Irish-American Heritage Month
- March Madness (Basketball)
- Spring Break
- Spring Equinox
- Birth of Spring Baby Animals / Farming
- Maple Sugar Month (usually February – March)
- St. Patrick’s Day
These are just a few events for kids in March and March theme ideas to get you started! There are many more for a theme activity calendar! There are so many more fun days in March if you need them and ideas for fun activities for spring!
After March fun days, try these play activity calendars by month for more simple fun activities:
March Activities For Preschoolers and Toddlers
March Activity Ideas For Toddlers and Preschool:
- Make a spring inspired sensory bin or March sensory bag
- Pick spring flowers to press
- Have a park picnic
- Do M is for March fun simple activities, games, and preschool crafts March / March kindergarten activities
- Create DIY nature crowns with flowers, twigs, and other items you find on a nature hike for nature March crafts for preschool and toddlers
- Make a Leprechaun hat craft (my daughter had so much fun with this preschool craft for March — cute and easy craft idea for Saint Patricks Day and good for March craft for kindergarten, too!)
- Paint with rainbow foam shaving cream (easy activities ideas for St Patricks Day rainbow – good for sensory March activities for infants, too!)
- Go on a nature hike for the gold coins pot-o-gold as part of your fun activities list
- Make a fairy door and learn about fairies
- Make a handprint flower craft if you need spring art ideas for March
- Lace rainbow beads for St Patricks Day
- Head outside for a sidewalk chalk obstacle course for fun children’s activities ideas outdoors
Let us know your favorite March preschool activities and preschool March themes and we’ll add them to our Spring list of things to do! (These work for March activities kindergarten, too!)
OK! Let’s get to our fun activities for March and activities to do in March with kids!
You can even use them as ideas for activities for March break learning at home or March school events ideas — whether you need March themes for elementary school, high school, preschool, or even crafts for little ones at home!
23+ UNIQUE KIDS’ ACTIVITIES FOR MARCH & MARCH ACTIVITIES FOR SCHOOL
Great ideas for March activities for kindergarten / activities for March for preschoolers and up! Use the March days and events for ideas on specific themes (above) and March lesson plans for school age hands-on learning, play activities, and even Spring ideas to do with kids after school or on the weekends!
Lots of fun ideas to try with your kids for spring and add to your activity calendar for March activities for kids — whether you need March activities for elementary students, younger kids, or even high school spring ideas!
What can I teach in March?
Activities for month of March for kids:
- Do some women in history lessons and projects to cover Women History Month fun activities in March
- Have fun with March art activities like a Spring hand flower craft as part of your art activities for March (perfect for
preschool art activities for March / easy craft activities for march!)
- For March STEM activities celebrate National Bunsen Burner Day (I love this for nerdy science March activities ideas!)
- Get some Dr. Seuss Birthday and Read Across America ideas
- Do lessons for Harriet Tubman Day (3/10) (also great for Women in History month of March activities)
- Celebrate Mario Day (3/10) – one of my daughter’s favorite fun activity ideas every March
- Learn about weather and what happens if March comes in like a lion (adapt it by age/grade for March science activities for preschoolers and up)
- Learn about the March flower, the Daffodil
- Do March sensory activities with flowers like smelling, touching, seeing (great for outdoor activities for March and fun activities ideas for Spring)
- Have fun with Peter Rabbit activities
- Create sidewalk chalk March art ideas outside (great for fresh spring days March fun activities!)
- Start planning a garden with kids (even a container garden or a balcony garden!)
- Grab a free outdoor scavenger hunt and get outside for National Take a Walk in the Park Day (3/30)
- Grab this cute kit and get to planting for National Plant a Flower Day (3/12)
- Celebrate Johnny Appleseed Day by reading about him and then making an apple snack
- Do some National Pi Day activities (3/14)
- Make St. Patrick’s Day treats like shamrock cakes and pot-o-gold treats
- Make edible leprechaun hats and mini leprechaun donuts for St Patrick’s Day (3/17)
- Learn about Daylight Savings Time as part of STEM activities for March
- Make some spring chick cupcakes
- Learn about Irish American history
- Host a St Patrick’s Day party for kids
- Do an Ides Of March lesson
- Learn about Spring Equinox
- Learn about farming and agriculture for National Ag Day (3/24)
- Have a March Madness Basketball party
- Take advantage of Spring and grab this book for exploring nature ideas
- Have a Spring Cleaning Party (for real – it’s surprisingly fun for a March play calendar!)
- Read books about Spring
Goodbye Winter, Hello Spring
When Spring Comes
I Am Spring
Let us know your fun activities for the month of March ideas and we’ll add them to the activity calendar list of March fun!