Need activities for the month of June for kids? We have a huge list of event ideas for June for your monthly activity calendar kids activities, lesson plans for June, summer toddler activity ideas, and June activities for preschool. Unique and enjoyable activities for the start of summer and creative children’s activities ideas!
Fun Activities For The Month Of June
Here are fun awarenesses in June activities, June calendar theme ideas, June lesson plan themes, preschool June activities, June themes for child care, and children’s calendar activities for summer month ideas!
June Activities For Kids
- Have fun with June activity sheets and June coloring sheets. (Free June coloring printables below!)
- Make your own ice cream or host an old-fashioned ice cream social for National Chocolate Ice Cream Day on June 7th.
- Plant a fairy garden for International Fairy Day on June 24th.
- Learn about Juneteenth on June 19. Search for Juneteenth events near me and go to a June 19th celebration.
- Have a summer solstice celebration on June 21st.
- Go on a family hike for National Trails Day (first Saturday of June)
- Head outdoors and do a photo scavenger hunt for National Camera Day on June 29th.
- Make a flag windsock or popsicle stick flag craft for Flag Day on June 14th.
- Weave a flower crown for summer solstice on June 21st.
- Celebrate with a pink princess party for National Pink Day on June 23rd.
- Make ocean art to celebrate World Oceans Day on June 8th.
- Learn about drawing comics for National Garfield the Cat Day on June 19th.
- Make homemade bubbles with an easy bubble recipe.
- Do bee crafts and butterfly activities for pollinator week.
- Create a K is for kite handprint print to celebrate beginning of summer.
- Plan a party for June Children’s Day on June 13th.
- Make corn recipes for National Corn on the Cob Day on June 11th.
- Do a preschool firefly craft to celebrate summer (or go on a evening lightening bug hunt!).
- Talk about online internet safety for National Selfie Day on June 21st.
- Make a strawberry parfait recipe for National Strawberry Parfait Day on June 25th.
KEEP SCROLLING for all the ideas for June! See the full list of June children’s activity calendar ideas below, including different holidays in June for kids, summer activity calendar for preschool, and toddler summer activities!
Activities To Do In June With Kids
Be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom for a large list of specific holidays to add to your June activity calendar ideas!
Let’s start with June toddler themes (these are fun for daycare activities ideas / daycare activities list, too!).
June Activity Calendar For Toddlers
- June 1: National Donut Day – Make homemade donuts with your toddler.
- June 5: World Environment Day – Teach your toddler about recycling and have them help you sort recycling materials.
- June 8: World Oceans Day – Read a book about oceans and then create an ocean-themed sensory bin with water, shells, and sea creatures for your toddler to explore.
- June 11: National Corn on the Cob Day – Read a book about growing corn and then cook corn on the cob with your toddler.
- June 14: Flag Day – Read a flag book and then make a an easy patriotic dessert.
- June 17: Father’s Day – Help your toddler make a special Father’s Day card or gift for dad.
- June 18: International Picnic Day – Have a picnic with your toddler at a local park, on the balcony, or in your backyard.
- June 19: Juneteenth – Read age-appropriate books with your toddler about Juneteenth and talk about the importance of the holiday.
- June 21: Summer Solstice – Take your toddler on a nature walk, do a summer nature scavenger hunt, and talk about the changing seasons.
- June 21: National Selfie Day – Take silly selfies with your toddler and create a photo album together.
Now let’s get to some June activities preschool! (Don’t miss the full list of holidays at the bottom of the post if you’re looking for June theme for preschool ideas!)
June Activity Calendar Preschool Ideas (June Themes Preschool)
Add these creative ideas to your preschool summer activity calendar or monthly lesson plans for preschool. They work for kindergarten activity ideas for the month of June, too.
Pre K Themes For Summer:
- June 1: National Say Something Nice Day – Read Have You Filled A Bucket Today? and then do a bucket filling activity. (Such great June preschool crafts ideas!)
- June 4: National Cheese Day – Have a cheese tasting party with preschoolers, featuring different types of cheese. Talk about what you do / don’t like about each one.
- June 8: World Oceans Day: Do ocean circle time activities for preschoolers. (I love this for a whole unit study theme for June preschool or even outdoor preschool activities for the summer!)
- June 10: National Iced Tea Day – Make sun tea and have then have a picnic using the tea you made with sun!
- June 13: National Children’s Day – Have a fun day celebrating kids filled with activities and games, including an obstacle course and a treasure hunt.
- June 20: Father’s Day – Have preschoolers create a special gift or card for their dads for preschool June crafts.
- June 21: National Daylight Appreciation Day – Have a fun outdoor activity day with preschoolers, featuring games like tag, hide and seek, and soccer.
- June 23: National Pink Day – Dress up in pink and have a tea party with your toddler or a pink princess party.
- June 24: National Pralines Day – Learn all about pralines and make pralines together.
- June 25: National Strawberry Parfait Day – Make a delicious strawberry parfait with preschoolers, featuring layers of yogurt, fresh strawberries, and granola. Read this fun book about strawberries to go with it! (These are easy recipe and read June crafts for preschoolers!)
- June 27: National Sunglasses Day – Have preschoolers create their own sunglasses using paper plates, markers, and pipe cleaners.
- June 29: National Camera Day – Teach preschoolers the basics of photography and head outdoors and have them take pictures of their favorite things. BONUS POINTS for grabbing a camera like this to share! I love this for a get out in your neighborhood theme preschool activity.
- Make a summer nature sensory bin for preschool activities for June.
- Create learn about bees and make a cute dandelion bee craft.
- Make an easy DIY bubble recipe and have a bubble party.
After June activities for preschoolers, also check out May preschool calendar activities.
If you have creative preschool themes June ideas or preschool summer activities calendar activities you love, let us know and we’ll add them to our activities list!
Great for June Kids’ Activities: Free Summer Coloring Sheet Pack
Now that we’ve talked about preschool theme June ideas and toddler activities, let’s get to older kids (elementary school and up).
June Activities For Students / June Lesson Plans, Camp Kids Ideas, Or Bored Kids At Home
Activities for June ideas:
- June 2: National Rocky Road Day – Host a Rocky Road ice cream tasting party or have students make their own Rocky Road-inspired treats.
- June 6: National Yo-Yo Day – Have students participate in a yo-yo tournament or have them create their own yo-yo designs.
- June 7: National Chocolate Ice Cream Day – Host a chocolate ice cream sundae party (ice cream social), have students make their own chocolate ice cream in a bag, or play the roll a sundae game.
- June 9: National Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Day – Learn about strawberries and rhubarb and make a strawberry-rhubarb recipe.
- June 11: National Corn on the Cob Day – Host a corn on the cob eating competition, have students create corn-themed art projects, or make some corn recipes.
- June 13: National Weed Your Garden Day – Have students help weed a community garden or plant a Victory Garden with kids.
- June 15: National Lobster Day – Learn all about lobsters.
- June 16: World Sea Turtle Day – Learn about sea turtles and then make your own sea turtle lagoon.
- June 17: National Apple Strudel Day – Make an apple strudel recipe.
- June 19: National Garfield the Cat Day – Read Garfield comics and then have kids draw their own Garfield comic.
- June 19: Add Juneteenth to your summer fun lesson plan ideas!
- June 20: World Refugee Day – Have students learn about refugee issues and create posters or artwork that promote awareness.
- June 21: Learn about summer solstice and have your own summer solstice celebration. Dandelion painting is fun for this day!
- Third Week in June: Pollinator Week – grab bee pollinator printables and get some ideas for bee lesson plans
- June 21: National Yoga Day – Host a yoga session outdoors.
- June 22: National Chocolate Eclair Day – Get some chocolate eclairs for a tasting.
- June 22: National Onion Rings Day – Make onion rings from scratch and have a taste test.
- June 23: National Hydration Day – Learn all about water, the importance of water for your body and staying hydrated.
- June 24: International Fairy Day – Have students create fairy-themed art projects, dress up as fairies and put on a performance, have a fairy party, or plant a fairy garden.
- June 26: National Beautician’s Day – Host a DIY beauty workshop spa day and let kids do silly hair days and fun painted nails.
- June 28: National Tapioca Day – Make tapioca pudding.
- June 29: National Waffle Iron Day – Make a waffle topping bar where kids can create their own waffle creations to eat.
- June 29: National Camera Day – Learn about the history of cameras and photography (all the way up to cameras in our phones) and then have an outdoor photo scavenger hunt.
- June 30: National Meteor Watch Day – Have students learn about meteors and astronomy. You can even host a meteor watch at night!
- June 30: Social Media Day – Review social media safety with kids.
June Month Holidays
- June is National Camping Month – Have students learn about camping and the great outdoors, and plan a camping trip or a backyard camping party.
- June is National Zoo and Aquarium Month – Take students on a field trip to a local zoo or local aquarium.
- June is National Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Month – Take a trip to a local farm or farmers’ market at try local fruits and vegetables.
- June is National Safety Month – Host a safety workshop or have students create safety-themed posters of what they learned.
- June is LGBT Pride Month – Create artwork that promotes diversity and acceptance.
- June is National Dairy Month – Learn about dairy farms and plan a field trip to a dairy farm.
- June is National Rose Month – Learn all about roses and make a recipe using edible roses.
- June is National Candy Month – Make a candy recipe with kids.
- June is National Caribbean-American Heritage Month – Have students learn about Caribbean-American history and culture.
June Calendar Events And Holidays
These holiday themes are great ideas for busy box for kindergarten or preschool (along with other summer lessons!).
June Month Holidays / June Awareness
- National Candy Month (June)
- National Zoo and Aquarium Month (June)
- Great Outdoors Month (June)
- National Safety Month (June)
- National Fruit and Vegetable Month (June)
- National Dairy Month (June)
- National Camping Month (June)
- Pride Month (June)
- National Safety Month (June)
- National Bike Month (May-June)
- National Gardening Week (first full week of June)
- National Children’s Day (second Sunday of June)
June Children’s Awareness Month
Holidays In June For Kids
Add these holiday themes to your activities in June:
- National Trails Day (first Saturday of June)
- National Donut Day (June 1)
- National Flip a Coin Day (June 1)
- National Egg Day (June 3)
- National Cheese Day (June 4)
- National Fish and Chips Day (June 4)
- National Hug Your Cat Day (June 4)
- National Doughnut Day (first Friday of June)
- World Environment Day (June 5)
- National Yo-Yo Day (June 6)
- National Gardening Exercise Day (June 6)
- National Chocolate Ice Cream Day (June 7)
- National Best Friends Day (June 8)
- World Oceans Day (June 8)
- Father’s Day (third Sunday of June)
- National Flip Flop Day (third Friday of June)
- National Iced Tea Day (June 10)
- National Peanut Butter Cookie Day (June 12)
- National Sewing Machine Day (June 13)
- National Flag Day (June 14)
- National Smile Power Day (June 15)
- National Fresh Veggies Day (June 16)
- National Fudge Day (June 16)
- Juneteenth (June 19)
- National Cheeseburger Day (June 20)
- International Surfing Day (June 20)
- Summer Solstice (June 21 – varies each year between June 20-22)
- World Music Day (June 21)
- National Onion Ring Day (June 22)
- National Pink Day (June 23)
- National Hydration Day (June 23)
- National Chocolate Pudding Day (June 26)
- National Sunglasses Day (June 27)
- National Popsicle Day (June 27)
- National Pineapple Day (June 27)
- National Handshake Day (June 29)
- National Camera Day (June 29)
- National Meteor Watch Day (June 30)
Check out July calendar ideas next: July activity calendar ideas (including July activity calendar for preschoolers / themes for preschool in July)!
Don’t Miss More Summer Fun: Guide To Summer Activities With Family: Things To Do During The Summer