Need a unique Mother’s Day gift for homeschool mom? Our mom poll for the best homeschool mom gift and what moms really want for Mom’s Day was surprising! We’ll also cover how to celebrate Mother’s Day at home for fun Mother’s Day at home ideas and Mother’s Day activities that say thank you mom! Mothers will love these presents that go beyond just Mother’s Day craft ideas for kids and prove you listened to mom this year!
Best Ideas For Mother’s Day Gift For Homeschool Mom
We Polled Homeschooling Moms On What They Want For Presents!
These were poll answers when we asked what moms want for Mother’s Day. We also have creative ways you can give gifts for homeschool mom that they really want, so don’t miss those gifts for homeschoolers ideas later in post! We say these are homeschool mom gifts ideas for Mother’s Day (and great Mothers Day gifts for mom from daughter or son), but you can use this list for birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas gifts and more!
What do moms really want for Mothers Day?
Polled moms gave these answers to what are the perfect gifts for homeschool moms:
- Help with housework
- New / updated tech (think: laptop, tablet, phone)
- Grocery shopping service
- Homeschool helper
- Nanny / babysitter / help with kids
- Homeschool mom organization help
- Best planner for homeschool moms
- Organization gifts for mom
- Fashion glow up (new clothes without feeling guilty!)
- New gaming system (and time to play alone!)
- Moving into more financial security
- Better family communication / communication games
- Date night
- Family vacation
You may be wondering how do I translate some of these into homeschool gift ideas or the best gift for homeschool mom. We show you how to translate these into the best present ideas for mom below!
See our full list of homeschool mom gifts below and mom’s homeschool wish list. KEEP SCROLLING for creative ideas for celebrating a homeschool mom on Mother’s Day and the answers to how can I make mother’s Day really special?
Before we get to our list of Mother’s Day unique gifts and ideas for homeschool gifts, let’s talk about how to celebrate Mother’s Day at home with these best Mother’s Day activities!
You don’t have to have a Mother’s Day out for mom to enjoy her special day.
(In fact, she may enjoy having at low-key, relaxing day at home even more than elaborate Mother’s Day gifts for mom!)
How can we celebrate Mother’s Day at home?
What do you do if you’re stuck celebrating Mother’s Day at home? Here are some best gifts for homeschool moms from home.
13 Mother’s Day Ideas At Home:
- Host a Mother’s Day brunch online using Zoom, Skype, FaceTime, etc. and connect moms, sisters and kids.
- Serve Mother’s Day breakfast in bed, complete with her favorite reading material (or the remote to watch whatever she wants).
- Have a spa day at home party.
- Order in her favorite food from a local restaurant and serve her like you’re at the restaurant, complete with table settings, flowers, and menu.
- Let mom have alone time to binge whatever show she wants! Make a fun “movie” basket with popcorn, favorite snacks, and drinks.
- Have a gamer mom? Set up a game marathon! (Use these ideas!)
- Order her some bestsellers (or best homeschool books for moms) and make a reading time basket of snacks and give her some quiet reading time.
- Clean the house and do the laundry. (YES! All of it!)
- Complete projects that have been on her “Honey Do” list.
- Set up a surprise Zoom party with her closest girlfriends to catch up.
- Make her some relaxing tea, dim the lights, put on some relaxing music and then… let her take a nap! (What did you think we were going to say?)
- Make UNIQUE homemade Mother Day gifts that she’ll use and create homemade Mothers Day cards that she’ll love and give them as party of your homeschooling gifts.
- Create a special a Mother’s Day message with a fun video from friends and family.
Now that we’ve covered what to do if you’re stuck at home for Mother’s Day, let’s talk about what to do for your mom on Mother’s Day and these mom gifts came straight from moms who were polled!
(We think you’ll be surprise…)
Best Gifts For Homeschooling Moms (Mother’s Day Unique Gifts Ideas)
Meaningful Gift Ideas for Mothers That Say Thank You Mom
Don’t worry, because we’re going to pull the curtain ALLLLL the way back today and let you in on what moms really want —straight from the mother’s mouth.
(Don’t be scared.)
I know what you’re thinking:
Moms are HARD to buy for because when you ask us what we want we just shoulder shrug and mumble some inaudible, “Dunno. It doesn’t really matter anyway…” something.
But, that’s not because we don’t want or need anything.
Moms don’t tell you what we need/want because it probably isn’t the “fun” thing that you want to buy for us and what we really want or need will sound like, well, not a gift at all.
I said it.
Look, don’t be annoyed.
Saying “thank you mom!” isn’t as hard as you think, you just need to pay attention.
(I mean, one look at the mom in your life — and, I mean, reallllly looking at her and listening to her — and it won’t be too hard to figure out what she needs.)
So . . . what now?
Before you head off to buy her one of those “#1 Mom” mugs, here’s what you should know:
I guess you can write a thank you mom letter and she will appreciate it…
(But, just remember that she can pull that sucker out for future blackmail if she needs it. So there’s that.)
Or, you can make her some nice DIY gifts that she will cherish. Those things are nice, but really probably aren’t what she wants.
Or, the only thing mom needs.
At least not right now.
So, What Are The REAL Ways To Say ‘Thank You, Mom!’?
Well, you’ll want to buckle up for this one, because I asked the moms in our homeschooling group if they were granted one wish for something personal (just for them), what would it be?
(I think you’re going to be totally shocked at the answers, but if you’ve REALLY been paying attention to the mom in your life, then maybe not…)
We’ll start by looking at a graph of the most common responses to what do moms want for Mother’s Day, but we’ll also give you great gift suggestions later in the post, so don’t miss those!
GIFTS FOR MOM: INFOGRAPHIC OF WHAT MOMS REALLY WANT FOR MOTHER’S DAY
Survey info: 58 moms provided answers and they were allowed to give more than one answer.
Breaking down the mom wishes:
32% of Moms Want Help With the House
This included a house cleaning service, a nanny/sitter, a grocery shopping service, a cook/chef, and/or someone to help organize the house.
28% of Moms Want Alone Time
“Alone time” included: a night or weekend away alone, time at the gym alone, spa or mani/pedi time, a night of uninterrupted sleep. and—wait for it—5% of the answers had to do with needing alone time in the bathroom with no interruptions.
Let that sink in for a moment:
When moms were grant ONE WISH, we answered, I just want to pee alone.
15% of Moms Want Time Alone With Their Spouse/Partner or More Quality Time With Family (Like a Vacation)
About 15% of the answers were something about date nights or alone time with their spouses or partners.
This category also included more quality time with kids and a family vacation.
30% Gave Other Answers
There were other answers including things like:
- New laptops/computers/tablets
- More financial security
- A clone of themselves or more help with kids / and a homeschooling helper
- New clothes (without feeling guilty about buying them)
- Better communication with kids/family
Stop looking for unique gifts for mom or the perfect gift for mom who has everything, because we have the ultimate list of useful gifts for mom!
Gifts For Homeschool Moms (The Real Mom Gifts They Won’t Tell You!)
So, how do you translate those survey answers into real gifts for moms (for any occasion) that she will use and love?
Check it out and remember:
These are things that real moms actually said they wanted (best gift homeschool ideas!)!
So, you probably can’t go wrong choosing something from this gift list for that mother in your life!
MOTHER’S DAY UNIQUE GIFTS #1. SAY THANK YOU MOM WITH HOUSE HELP
This was the biggest answer, so clearly moms need help with the house!
(Don’t ignore that!)
If that mom in your life needs some house help, here are some gift ideas:
- One time deep house cleaning OR contract a cleaning service just to come in and do the laundry that week or for a month (yes, FOR REAL)
- Regular house cleaning (once a week or once per month, whatever works for your family)
- Organizing expert (bonus points if they’re going to help with organizing the homeschooling room!)
- Boxed meal service (so that they don’t have to worry about planning/shopping)
- Grocery delivery service
- Things moms can automate like a cleaner that works while they sleep (this was LIFE CHANGING for me, especially since I can set and forget)
Remember, you can try out cleaning services or make it a one-time gift. It doesn’t have to be an ongoing, costly subscription if you can’t afford that!
MOTHER’S DAY UNIQUE GIFTS #2. SAY THANK YOU MOM WITH ALONE TIME GIFT IDEAS
Honestly, I thought this category would be more than 28% of the answers.
I thought it would be A LOT higher because, you guys, most moms never get alone time.
I mean… N. E. V. E. R.
(We answered that we just want to pee alone as a WISH. THINK. ABOUT. IT.)
If you want to make your mom happy, give her some alone time and — here’s the most important part — don’t make her feel guilty about it!
Giving moms alone time and her wanting to be alone is not a reflection of her love for her family (or spouse or partner). It just means that she needs time to recharge (which is better for everyone!).
So, don’t get offended if the mom in your life gets excited over this gift!
Here are alone time ideas the mom will love:
- A night alone at a hotel (grab a hotel gift card and let her do the rest!)
- A weekend alone at a hotel (try an AirBnB gift card!) or away with her girlfriends
- Gym membership with childcare set up (*only get her this if she’s mentioned she REALLY wants this or it could be an insulting gift!)
- Spa treatment, including massage and manicure and pedicure (PS: Don’t give her a spa treatment if she hates getting her nails done or getting massages. Use good judgment here, OK?)
- Spa treatment AT HOME (meaning, you take the kids away for the evening and give mom some awesome spa goodies to use at home like a bath spa set, wine and cheese, or whatever is her “thing” and allow her to relax at home with no interruptions)
- Give mom a break with a regular babysitter (once a week or once a month) so she can do whatever she wants, even if it’s just sitting at a coffee shop and quietly reading a book. (Check services like Care.com.)
And, for the love of all that is good, give that mama some time alone in the bathroom without any knocks, interruptions, or “MOOOOOOOOOOOM!” yells through the door!
(Get her this and then train the kids not to bother mom when it’s on the door!)
MOTHER’S DAY UNIQUE GIFTS #3. SAY THANK YOU MOM WITH MORE QUALITY FAMILY TIME
Give a dinner and a movie gift card, make arrangements for the kids, and then take her on a date night!
Get a night away with her at an AirBnB or a hotel (be sure to make all the arrangements for the kids so she doesn’t have to!).
Be a tourist in your town and set aside a day to do something with the family that you’ve all been wanting to do (but, you need to plan it all so there’s no stress on mom!).
Plan a surprise weekend (or day!) road trip with the family (be sure to make all the plans and pack some of these to save mom’s sanity!).
Does your mom love games? Have a family board game night where you order in dinner, play games together, and then clean up after (with no help from mom!).
MOTHER’S DAY UNIQUE GIFTS #4. SAY THANK YOU MOM WITH THESE TECH GIFT IDEAS
Many of our moms listed that they needed new tech gear!
Surprise mom with an affordable laptop or tablet and you’ll make her year!
If your mom runs around a lot with the kids but needs to take along her laptop for work (or whatever), be sure to also grab a fashionable laptop case that doubles as a purse.
I love this laptop purse (it comes in different colors!) that has an easy access charging port that will come in handy at the library, sporting events, or anywhere else your mom is hanging out. I love this as gifts for organized moms (or moms who say they want to be more organized!).
Or, if your mom loves video games, how about updating her gaming console or adding some new video games?
MOTHER’S DAY UNIQUE GIFTS #5. SAY THANK YOU MOM WITH THESE CREATIVE GIFT IDEAS
• FASHION: Moms want stylish clothes, but will rarely spend money on clothes just for them. So, give mom the ability to pick out some stylish clothes!
I personally use the subscription clothing box StitchFix and love it!
You pay a “styling” fee of $25 that gets applied to your purchase.
It’s a subscription box that you can get every month, but you can also set it to every 3 month so that that special mama gets a refresh on her wardrobe once every season.
• IMPROVE FINANCES: Several moms also listed improved finances as part of their “mom wish.”
Try something like Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University DVD Home Study Kit and then commit some time to working through it as a family!
• BETTER COMMUNICATION: Some of our moms listed that they want better communication with their families, so if this is something the mom in your life complains/talks about then give some serious consideration on how to improve communication.
One way to do this is to spend time working on it!
But, it can be a yucky topic, so be sure to make it fun.
We recommend getting communication games and making it part of family game night.
Try this cute toddler or preschool mothers day crafts for mom!
Happy Mother’s Day!
Have fun with your Mothers Day gifts for mom!