Need February activities for kids or monthly calendar activities for learning, monthly activities in school, and fun monthly crafts? Check out our list of February holidays, special days, and fun children’s projects to go with them!
February Activities For Kids
When thinking about fun monthly activities, February holidays and February events are a great place to start!
Review what are the special days of February and create a February activity calendar so you don’t miss anything!
What do we do in February?
Holidays in February:
- Black History Month
- Rosa Parks Birthday (February 4th)
- Punxsutawney Phil’s Prediction for Groundhog Day (February 2nd)
- National Bird Feeding Month
- Feed the Birds Day (February 3rd)
- Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday) (date varies each year, February 21, 2023)
- Paczki Day (date varies)
- Chinese New Year / Lunar New Year (date varies each year)
- Kindness Week (February 17 – February 23)
- Random Acts of Kindness Day (February 17)
- National Cherry Month
- Valentine’s Day (February 14)
- President’s Day (third Monday in February)
- Bubble Gum Day (first Friday in February)
- Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day (first Saturday in February)
- National Chopsticks Day (February 6th)
- Superbowl (dates varies – February 12, 2023)
- Send A Card To A Friend Day (February 7th)
- National Pizza Day (February 9th)
- Abraham Lincoln’s Birthday (February 12th)
- Ash Wednesday (date varies, February 17)
- Love Your Pet Day (February 20th)
- George Washington’s Birthday (February 22nd)
- National Children’s Dental Health Month
Keep reading on ideas and activities for February holidays and other activities to do in February — whether you need preschool activities or February activities for elementary students and up! Tons of ideas for February themed activities!
MORE MONTHLY ACTIVITY CALENDARS FOR KIDS
January Activities For Kids
March Activities For Kids
April Activities For Kids
May Activities For Kids
June Activities For Kids
Fun February Activities Ideas
Add these February days to your February school activities, February homeschool ideas, winter learning resources and for February month projects!
Activities For The Month Of February
- Read Right Now, I Am Kind for Kindness Week
- Grab some February Black History Month resources.
- Make snow ice cream for Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day.
- Get Maple Syrup Unit Study Ideas / maple syrup lessons (one of my favorite February activity ideas / winter ideas for kids!).
- Learn about Mardi Gras.
- Make an easy kid Mardi Gras King Cake.
- Read The Night Before Groundhog Day for Groundhog Day.
- Make heart brownies for Valentine’s Day.
- Send Valentine’s to your friends!
- Have snow? Make Easy Snow Taffy.
- Create a dancing Chinese Dragon Craft for Chinese New Year.
- Make a Recipe for Chinese Dumplings (Potstickers) for Lunar New Year activities.
- Celebrate Super Bowl with Chocolate Football Rice Krispies.
- Make an easy Homemade Bird Feeder craft for Bird Feeding Day / National Bird Feeding Month.
- Get Kindness Acts for Kids and Kindness Lessons ideas for Kindness Month.
- Learn How to Make Kindness Rocks for Being Thankful Activities for Kindness Month.
- Make Easy Cherry Crumble for National Cherry Month.
- Write/draw and send cards to friends for Send A Card To A Friend Day on February 7th. (Add this to your annual February kids activities!)
- Read Weird But True Know-It-All: U.S. Presidents for Presidents Day.
Let us know your favorite winter kids activities / school activities for the month of February and we’ll add them to our February month activities, too!
Preschool February Activities / Kindergartners February Ideas
Need February activities for preschoolers or February activities for kindergarten?
Try these February activities for school for younger kids!
Activity Ideas for February for Preschool and Kindergarten:
- Read Planting Seeds of Kindness for Random Acts of Kindness Day or Kindness Week.
- Make pizza for National Pizza Day. (Try this no-cook pizza sauce that kids can make on their own!)
- Make bubble gum for Bubble Gum Day.
- Read The Tooth Book: A Guide to Healthy Teeth and Gums for Dental Health Month.
- Don’t have snow? Make your own for fun activities for February!
Let us know your favorite February kindergarten activities and preschooler activity ideas!
Don’t just plan fun February activities for school age! Add these February family activities with toddlers, too! Fun February for kids who are younger!
Toddler February Activities
Need February activities for toddlers (school activities for February or at-home ideas for toddlers)?
Try these February toddler activities:
- Make easy heart marshmallow pops for Valentine’s Day.
- Create indoor Do You Wanna Build A Snowman Treat Bags.
- Read Mickey and Minnie Valentine’s books.
- Make snowflakes with stampers.
- Get a new toothbrush and read Brush, Brush, Brush! for Dental Health Month.
- Grab some bird food and head outside to spread it around for Feed the Birds Day!
- Make heart Valetines out of bird food!
Let us know your favorite February children’s activities and we’ll add them to our list!