Need a fun July activity calendar for preschoolers through teens? These kids activities are great for July themes for summer camp, summer craft ideas, or fun family activities in July, or what to do with your child during the summer!
July Activity Calendar For Preschoolers, Elementary Age, And July Ideas for Teenagers
Add these ideas to your July calendar events (monthly activity calendar), July themes, and kid friendly activities for July!
July Event Calendar Ideas For Kids
Fun July Activity Ideas:
- Have a lemonade stand for charity.
- Go on a mini-golf outing since July is Family Golf Month.
- Play outdoor games for 4th of July.
- Have a teddy bear picnic for Teddy Bear Picnic Day on July 10th. (I love this sweet activity for July / fun preschool theme for July!)
- Host a video game party for National Video Game Day on July 8th.
- Read a book and then visit your local library and get free stuff for reading!
- Make fireworks in a jar for Independence Day and fun crafts for July 4th.
- Have a joke contest for International Joke Day on July 1st.
- Make busy bags for National Anti-Boredom Month.
- Learn how to play chess with your kids for International Chess Day on July 20th.
- Bake emoji cookies for World Emoji Day on July 17th.
- Have an ice cream social for National Ice Cream Day.
- Search children’s activities this weekend near me / near me activities for July events or July month events and go to some!
Keep reading for more ideas on how to have fun with your child in July and kid friendly summer activities.
Fun July Holidays For Kids And Themes For The Month Of July
Here’s a July calendar fun holidays and July themed activities — creative ideas for kids and family for activity for July ideas!
Fun Days To Celebrate In July:
- International Joke Day (July 1st)
- World UFO Day (July 2nd) (fun themes for month of July for teens!)
- Independence Day (July 4th) – Celebrate with fireworks, parades, and patriotic activities.
- Teddy Bear Picnic Day (July 10th): Encourage kids to gather their favorite teddy bears and have a picnic outdoors. They can bring their stuffed animals and enjoy snacks and games.
- National Ice Cream Day (third Sunday of July): Treat kids to a day of enjoying their favorite ice cream flavors and trying new ones. Visit an ice cream shop or create homemade ice cream treats together.
- Teddy Bear Picnic Day (July 10th) – Organize a picnic with your kids and their favorite stuffed animals.
- National Ice Cream Day (third Sunday of July) – Enjoy a day of indulging in delicious ice cream treats.
- National Video Game Day (July 8th) – Have a fun-filled day playing video games with your kids.
- National Fried Chicken Day (July 6th)
- National Mac and Cheese Day (July 14th)
- National Hot Dog Day (third Wednesday of July)
- World Emoji Day (July 17th)
- International Chess Day (July 20th) – Teach your kids how to play chess and have a friendly competition.
- National Hammock Day (July 22nd)
- Global Hug Your Kids Day (July 22nd)
- National Dance Day (third Saturday of July)
- International Tiger Day (July 29th)
- National Watermelon Day (July 31st)
- National Cheesecake Day (July 30th)
- International Day of Friendship (July 30th)
- World Nature Conservation Day (July 28th)
- National Watermelon Day (July 31st): Have a watermelon-themed day with kids. Enjoy slices of watermelon, play watermelon-themed games, or even have a watermelon seed-spitting contest.
Keep scrolling for July lesson plan themes, summer activity ideas, craft ideas for month of July themes, and celebrations in the month of July.
July Month Holidays / July Awareness (Month Of July Events)
July Monthlong Observances and Themes in July:
- Patriotic Pride / Independence Days
- Ocean Conservation
- Sun Safety
- Wildlife Awareness
- Summer Reading
- National Ice Cream Month
- National Hot Dog Month
- National Picnic Month
- National Parks and Recreation Month
- National Blueberry Month
- National Watermelon Month
- National Grilling Month
- National Anti-Boredom Month
- National Family Reunion Month
- National Berry Month (fun theme for July month – go berry picking with your kids)
- National Outdoor Month
- National Gratitude Month
- Family Golf Month
- National Herbal/Tea Month
- National Savings Month
- National Family Fun Month
- National Camping Month
- National Fireworks Safety Month (add this to your July calendar theme if you do any firework lessons or firework crafts)
Any of these are fun themes for July activities, July month themes for crafts, activities for afterschoolers or daycare ideas for calendar themes, lesson plan for July ideas, and July calendar themes for lessons!
AFTER JULY THEME IDEAS, ALSO CHECK OUT MORE FUN MONTHLY EVENTS: June Activity Calendar For Toddlers And Up! (Including June activity calendar preschool ideas!)
Unique Facts About July For Kids
- July is named after Julius Caesar: The month of July was named in honor of the Roman general and statesman Julius Caesar, who was born on July 12th. It used to be called the Latin for fifth month, or Quintilis.
- Ruby is the birthstone of July: The birthstone associated with the month of July is the ruby, known for its vibrant red color. Rubies symbolize passion, love, and courage.
- July is the hottest month: In many parts of the Northern Hemisphere, July is the warmest month of the year. It’s a time for summer vacations, outdoor activities, and enjoying the sunshine.
- July is about independence: Both Canada and the United States celebrate their independence days in July. Canada Day is on July 1st, while Independence Day in the United States is on July 4th.
- The Tour de France takes place in July: The famous cycling race, the Tour de France, is held annually in July. It features professional cyclists from around the world competing in a multi-stage race throughout France.
- July is a great time for stargazing: July is known for warm evenings and clear skies, making it an excellent month for stargazing. Kids can learn about constellations, planets, and enjoy meteor showers.
- The World’s Largest Hot Dog is celebrated in July: July is National Hot Dog Month in the United States, and it culminates with the annual Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest on July 4th, where competitors try to eat the most hot dogs in a set time.
- Shark Week takes place in July: Shark Week is a popular television event that showcases various programs and documentaries about sharks. It usually airs in July and educates viewers about different shark species, their habitats, and conservation efforts. Fun July month theme for all ages!
- Wimbledon, a famous tennis tournament, is held in July: Wimbledon is one of the oldest and most prestigious tennis tournaments in the world. It takes place in London, England, and attracts top tennis players from around the globe from the end of June until July.
- July has its own national food holidays: Apart from National Ice Cream Day, July has several other national food holidays. For example, National Blueberry Month, National Peach Month, and National Hot Dog Month celebrate and highlight these delicious treats.
- National Cow Appreciation Day is in July: Usually on the second Tuesday in July, Cow Appreciation Day is a day created by Chick-Fil-A! They usually have special events at the restaurant and encourage people to dress up as cows.
July Activity Calendar Ideas For All Ages (July Lesson Plans Ideas)
Fun July Calendar Activities For Family
Add these fun and family-friendly ideas to your July!
Fun activities for all ages in the month of July:
Independence Day Craft Day: Get creative and make patriotic crafts together in honor of Independence Day. Create DIY decorations, flags, or festive accessories using red, white, and blue materials.
Canada Day Celebration: Celebrate Canada Day by organizing a themed party. Dress up in red and white, enjoy Canadian food, play Canadian trivia games for a fun July theme month activity.
Ice Cream Social: In honor of National Ice Cream Month, host an ice cream social at home. Set up an ice cream bar with different flavors, toppings, and sauces. Let everyone create their own delicious treats.
Family Hike and Picnic: July is National Park and Recreation Month, so plan a family hike in a local park. Explore nature trails, have a picnic surrounded by beautiful scenery, and appreciate the outdoors.
Watermelon Party: Since July is National Watermelon Month, throw a watermelon-themed party. Enjoy watermelon slices, play watermelon-themed games, and have a refreshing day filled with summer fun. Have a Watermelon Seed Spitting Contest to see who can spit the watermelon seeds the farthest — old-fashioned themes for July month!
Bookworm Day: Dedicate a day to reading as a family. Visit the library, choose new books, and spend time reading together. Create cozy reading corners at home and share your favorite stories. Don’t forget to see who is giving away free stuff for summer reading on this Summer Reading Freebies List.
Hot Dog Cookout: Since July is National Hot Dog Month, have a hot dog cookout. Grill different types of hot dogs, set up a toppings bar, and enjoy a delicious meal as a family. Must-have theme for the month of July!
Outdoor Movie Night: Take advantage of warm summer nights and have an outdoor movie night. Set up a screen or use a white sheet, project a family-friendly movie, and snuggle up under the stars. GET WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE AN OUTSIDE MOVIE AND OUTDOOR MOVIE IDEAS HERE
Family Talent Show: Host a family talent show night where each family member can showcase their talents. Sing, dance, perform magic tricks, or share any other special skills you have. Great for a rainy summer day activity theme for month of July!
Go Camping: Celebrated National Camping Month with a camping trip! GET FAMILY CAMPING TRIP TIPS HERE
Anti Boredom Month: Make busy bags like this for National Anti-Boredom Month.
Christmas In July: Switch things up and have a beach-inspired Christmas party for Christmas in July. GET IDEAS FOR A CHRISTMAS IN JULY PARTY
July Toddler Ideas
July Activities For Toddlers:
July 4th Red, White, and Blue Sensory Bin: Create a sensory bin filled with red, white, and blue materials like rice, pom-poms, and foam shapes. Let your toddler explore and play with the patriotic colors.
Paper Plate Sun Craft: Help your toddler make a cheerful sun using a paper plate, yellow paint, and construction paper.
Water Play Day: Set up a water play area in your backyard with sprinklers, water tables, and water toys. Let your toddler splash and have fun while keeping cool.
DIY Fireworks Craft: Help your toddler create their own fireworks using art supplies like paint, glitter, and paper tubes. Display their artwork to celebrate Independence Day.
Nature Scavenger Hunt: Go on a nature scavenger hunt with your toddler. Create a list of items like leaves, flowers, rocks, and insects to find in a local park or your backyard.
Picnic in the Park: Pack a picnic lunch and head to a nearby park to celebrate National Parks and Recreation Month. Let your toddler enjoy the outdoors while having a meal and playing on the playground.
Beach Sensory Play: If you’re near a beach, take your toddler for some sensory play in the sand. Build sandcastles, collect seashells, and enjoy the ocean breeze. Or, create your own beach bin at home!
Canada Day Craft: Celebrate Canada Day by helping your toddler make a Canadian flag craft using construction paper, glue, and stickers for fun July art activities for toddlers.
Fruit Popsicle Making: Make healthy fruit popsicles with your toddler. Blend their favorite fruits, pour the mixture into popsicle molds, and freeze them for a delicious summer treat.
Bubble Wrap Stomp Painting: Lay out a large piece of bubble wrap and let your toddler dip their feet in washable paint. Encourage them to stomp on the bubble wrap canvas and create colorful prints.
Firework Sensory Bottle: Create a calming sensory bottle by filling a clear plastic bottle with water, glitter, and small star-shaped confetti. Securely close the lid and let your toddler shake and observe the swirling “fireworks.”
Teddy Bear Picnic: Have a special picnic with your toddler and their favorite stuffed animals to celebrate Teddy Bear Picnic Day on July 10th. Set up a cozy blanket and enjoy snacks and treats together.
Nature Collage Art: Take a nature walk with your toddler and collect leaves, flowers, and other natural materials. Use them to create a collage or artwork when you return home.
Sidewalk Chalk Art: Use sidewalk chalk to create colorful drawings and designs on your driveway or sidewalk. Let your toddler’s imagination run wild.
Sensory Ice Play: Fill a large container with water and add toys or objects. Freeze it overnight to create a sensory ice block. Let your toddler explore and melt the ice with warm water or toy tools. (Fun for VBS water games, too!)
Patriotic Playdough: Make homemade play dough in red, white, and blue colors. Let your toddler mold and shape the dough into various patriotic-themed creations like stars, flags, or fireworks for fun July 4th activities for toddlers.
Nature Painting: Take a walk outdoors with your toddler and gather natural materials like leaves, flowers, and twigs. Use them as paintbrushes to create unique nature-inspired paintings.
Firefly Jar: Decorate a jar with glow-in-the-dark paint or stickers to resemble fireflies. Place it in your toddler’s room at night for a magical glowing effect.
Nature Bracelets: Wrap a strip of masking tape sticky side out around your toddler’s wrist. Go on a nature walk and let them stick leaves, flowers, and small treasures onto the bracelet.
Sensory Shaving Cream Play: Spray shaving cream on a table or tray and let your toddler explore the fluffy texture. They can make shapes, draw with their fingers, and have messy sensory fun.
MORE MONTHLY ACTIVITY CALENDARS FOR KIDS
January Activities For Kids
February Activities For Kids
March Activities For Kids
April Activities For Kids
May Activities For Kids
July Activities for Preschool (July Themes For Preschoolers / Monthly Themes For Kindergarten)
July fun activities for preschoolers and July themes for preschool:
Decorate a July Christmas Tree: Do some Christmas in July activities for preschoolers like having an Elf Hop Dance party or decorate a paper Christmas tree with beach-themed decorations. (One of my favorite fun July monthly themes!)
Do 4th of July Activities For Preschoolers: Make flag inspired easy patriotic Jello cups. (My daughter loved this when we did it for our July preschool themes!)
Ice Cream Taste Test: Have a mini ice cream tasting session with your toddler. Offer different flavors and let them try and describe each one. It’s a tasty way to celebrate National Ice Cream Month.
DIY Bird Feeder: Help your toddler make a simple bird feeder using a pinecone, peanut butter, and birdseed. Hang it in your yard and observe the visiting birds. LEARN HOW TO MAKE AN EASY BIRDFEEDER HERE (These make easy themes for July preschool group crafts, too.)
Fishing Game: Create a fishing game using a small kiddie pool or a large container filled with water. Attach paper clips to toy fish, and let your preschooler use a magnetic fishing rod to catch them.
Outdoor Obstacle Course: Set up a simple obstacle course in your backyard using cones, hula hoops, and tunnels. Encourage your little kids to crawl, jump, and balance through the course on nice summer days.
Bug Hunt: Explore your backyard or a nearby park with your preschooler and search for insects. Observe their behavior and learn about different bugs you encounter.
Sensory Beach Bin: Create a beach-themed sensory bin by filling a container with kinetic sand, seashells, toy fish, and small buckets. Let your preschoolers dig, scoop, and explore the textures of a summer beach for a summer theme activity.
Let us know if you have a fun July theme for preschoolers and we’ll add it to our list of preschool themes for July. Don’t miss our June themes preschool, too!
July Ideas for Kids
July 1st: Canada Day (Canada)
- Learn about the history of Canada day.
- Create Canadian flags with craft materials.
- Have a maple syrup tasting party with pancakes.
July 4th: Independence Day (United States)
- Host a patriotic bike parade in your neighborhood.
- Attend a fireworks show in your area.
- Learn all about the July Fourth holiday and get lessons, activities, and July 4th game ideas
July 20th: International Chess Day
July 28th: World Nature Conservation Day
- Focus on eco-friendly activities.
- Plant trees.
- Start a family garden or learn about Victory Gardens.
- Learn about recycling and conservation efforts.
July 30th: International Day of Friendship
- Celebrate the International Day of Friendship by having a party with your friends or a fun bestie sleepover party.
- Play games, and share stories, and make memories together.
- Make friendship bracelets.
- Host your own mini Summer Olympics party in your backyard.
- Set up different stations for activities like relay races, long jumps, or bean bag tosses.
- Give out medals and ribbons juts like the Olympics.
- GET MORE IDEAS FOR OLYMPIC THEME PARTIES
Shark Week Fun
- During Shark Week (usually in July), learn about sharks!
- Watch shark documentaries.
- Do shark-themed crafts.
- Have shark trivia competitions with fun shark theme prizes.
Have Fun With Nature
- Get outside for a nature scavenger hunt
- Make a Dandelion bee
- Paint with homemade dandelion paint
- Make and blow bubbles using this easy homemade bubble solution
Ideas for July for Teens
July 2nd: World UFO Day
- Organize a backyard stargazing night and learn about constellations.
- Design and build paper plate flying saucers and have a contest to see who can fly theirs the farthest.
- Learn about Area 51 and the conspiracies behind it.
July 4th: Independence Day (United States)
- Host a backyard July 4th obstacle course.
- Create red, white, and blue tie-dye shirts.
- Have a hotdog eating contest for National Hotdog Month.
July 8th: National Video Game Day
- Host a video game party!
- Have a Mario Theme Day
Also great if you need Fourth of July indoor games!
July 18th: Mandela Day Service Project
- To honor Nelson Mandela, volunteer at a local charity, clean up a neighborhood park, or perform acts of kindness for others. GET IDEAS FOR TEEN SUMMER VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES / IDEAS FOR COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS
July 19th: National Ice Cream Sundae Day
- Create a DIY ice cream sundae bar with various toppings, sauces, and flavors.
- Experiment with making unique and delicious ice cream sundae combinations.
- Play the weird ice cream sundae game.
July 28th: World Nature Conservation Day
- Teach children about the importance of protecting and conserving nature.
- Plan nature walks.
- Organize clean-up activities.
- Make crafts using recycled materials.
- Great lesson plan idea for July theme days or teen community project!
More Fun Monthly Activities To Try Next: August Activities and August Lesson Plan Themes
CHECK OUT MORE FUN JULY IDEAS: July 4th Activities, Month of July Lessons, July Fourth Games for Kids