Did you know there is a Mario Day (aka: National Mar10 Day / Mario Birthday)? (Yes, that Mario from Nintendo video games!) Learn how to host a fun Mario Day for kids with creative games, lessons and technology activities for a fun holiday to have a Happy Mario Day!
MARIO DAY FUN FOR KIDS
How do you celebrate Mario Day?
- Wear Mario and Nintendo gear.
- Dress up as Mario or your favorite Nintendo characters.
- Play Mario video games.
- Host a Mario theme party.
- Look for Mario Day deals on games and products.
- Make a Mario Day cake.
- Host a Mario Kart racing challenge.
- Wear a mustache.
- Play Mario Monopoly.
- Look for Mario Day sale games / Mario Day deals.
- Play with your favorite Mario Day toys.
- Do Mario STEM / science projects
- Include Super Mario activities printable free for your lessons or learning (or create your own Mario activity book with printables!).
Don’t miss our full list of Mario Day ideas, Mario craft ideas, and March 10th Mario Day activities below! KEEP SCROLLING!
What is the meaning of Mario Day?
Mario Day on March 10th (Mar10) is a day to celebrate the Mario, the most famous gamer plumber, and a day to celebrate the entire Nintendo franchise.
What day is Mario Day?
Mario Day is March 10. When it is abbreviated as Mar10 it looks like it spells Mario. It is a day to celebrate Mario from the Nintendo game.
When is national Mario Day this year?
What day is National Mario Day? Mario Day 2022 is on Thursday, March 10, 2022.
(If you’re wondering when is Mario’s birthday, it’s March 10, of course!)
When did Mario day start?
The holiday was unofficially started by fans celebrating the day. In 2016, Nintendo officially recognized National Mario Day. The company often holds theme events, and may even have Mario Day deals.
The holiday is sometimes referred to as Super Mario Day.
Mario Day Trivia
What was the first Mario game?
Did you know that Mario didn’t even have his own game at the beginning? He appeared in Donkey Kong in 1981 and was just called, “Jumpman.” When Donkey Kong Jr. came out the following year, he was renamed Mario (and later Super Mario).
Is Mario’s last name Mario?
Believe it or not, Nintendo’s Mario has a last name of Mario. Yep, his name is Mario Mario. That makes his brother Luigi’s name Luigi Mario.
How many games has Mario been in?
Mario is Nintendo’s mascot. He has been in over 200 games since he was in his first game (Donkey Kong) in 1981 as a Jumpman (without a name).
ALSO CHECK OUT: Fun Kid Activities For March
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT USING GAMES FOR LEARNING?
CLICK HERE TO GET THE GUIDE
23 Mario Day Party Ideas for Kids
Have fun with these Super Mario crafts & activities for kids — free fun for a Happy Mario Day or a Super Mario Day celebration throughout the year!
- Read about the history of Nintendo
- Get Free Mario Kart worksheets
- Grab some awesome Mario gear to wear
- Put on some Mario mustaches
- Get a giant Mario balloon for your party
- Grab some Super Mario party decorations
- Read Super Mario Encyclopedia: The Official Guide to the First 30 Years
- Do a Mario Game Design 101 lesson plan
- Play Super Mario Party
- Learn to code your own video game with the free Scratch coding program (pair it with this learning workbook for a full lesson!)
- Watch a video: Day in the Life of a Japanese Game Programmer
- Read about what it takes to become a gaming programmer
- Try a coding box
- Make an outdoor Super Mario obstacle course
- Download Super Mario bookmarks
- Get a Mario Kart building set
- Make 1-Up Mushroom pops
- Grab some chocolate coins (like you win in the game)
- Get a Super Mario sight words stomp
- Do Mario crafts for preschool
- Play Super Mario Uno
- Print Mario Day coloring pages for fun Super Mario printable activities
- Get more Mario Kart lesson plans