The Night Zookeeper award-winning online learning platform is a writing curriculum for elementary schooling games, grammar lessons, interactive writing games, game online school, or homeschool language arts program. We tested the program and here’s our full personal Night Zookeeper review (and a 50% OFF coupon code!). Looking for best homeschool curriculum reviews or virtual learning (remote learning)? Game on!
Night Zookeeper Homeschool and Learning At Home Language Arts
Homeschool Reviews 2021: Ratings, Personal Case Study Experience, Pricing / Cost, Coupon Codes
Looking for homeschool language arts online or writing for kids programs at home? The Night zookeeper game language arts program is super fun for kids!
What is Night Zookeeper?
NightZookeeper.com is a game-based zookeepers game where kids become the night keeper at the zoo and perform different tasks using zookeeper skills. It is an engaging, online writing for kids program based on fun zookeeper video games and zookeeper characters. It includes writing tools and writing resources, kids’ blogs, and interactive writing lessons and games for school learning. It’s a fun practice writing for kids program. There are also creative tools for kids to draw and create their own characters.
What age is Night Zookeeper for?
The listed age for the Night-Zookeeper online program is ages 6-12 years. However, the online learning game may be used younger or even older, depending on the learning level of your child. (My daughter is 13 and still loves it!) When you sign up, you select the child’s age, which changes the level of games, challenges, and even vocabulary for children and can easily be adjusted from in the parent dashboard.
CLICK HERE: 50% OFF NightZookeeper coupon code (There is no special coupon code for night zookeeper, but use our link to get the discount!)
What we learn from Night Zookeeper
Benefits of the program:
- Basic writing skills
- Creative writing skills
- Reading comprehension
What Makes Night Zookeeper Different
What sets this program apart from other programs?
- Online mentoring feedback and encouraging comments from Nightzookeeper team members, which is different from many other online learning programs.
- The stories are fun and funny and encourages your child to be part of each story with not just writing, but also artwork.
- Engaging writing prompts for assignments and story prompts that prevent that blank page “What should I write about?” issue for kids.
- Provides real-time help prompts if your kids get stuck, which I haven’t found in many other virtual or remote learning programs.
- Includes fun and funny characters that don’t “talk down” to kids or seem condescending.
- Uses fun games and puzzles for learning.
- Read to me prompts allow kids of all ages and stages to listen to stories if they want. Many times these prompts end at certain ages, but Night Zookeeper puts the parent and child in control of their level and stage learning.
- There is also an easy-to-use parent dashboard, which isn’t unusual for online programs today. However, this program has a simple and user friendly dashboard that allows parents to track and assess writing, mentor comments, other student comments and student progression.
- Kids can give input on other student’s work; however, all comments, input, and drawings are moderated and approved before being posted. It’s a no bullying or negativity zone!
- The program is regularly updated for more offerings, provide improvements, and address any issues.
What I like about Night Zookeeper
⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ One thing that I love about Night Zookeeper as a parent and is different from other programs: The Zoo Keeper video game also has a book series and asks kids for to submit ideas for the books! If your kid gets their idea chosen, it will be included in the next Night Zookeeper book published! It’s a great encouragement to write and create!
Let’s get to how to play zookeeper…
ABOUT NIGHT ZOOKEEPER
How does Night Zookeeper work?
Night Zookeeper is an online learning program with fun challenges, games, nighttime spelling, and learning for grammar lessons online, language arts curriculum, and writing exercises. Kids log into their Night Zoo Keeper account, create their own avatar, and then complete games, lessons, book reports, and challenges that are assessed and feedback is provided.
Night Zookeeper online provides little zoo keepers:
- Word games
- Challenges that are adjusted to their age/level
- Writing, spelling, and grammar lessons
- Book report prompts
- Opportunity to write blog posts
- Opportunity to give and receive peer feedback on their writing
- Tutor input, feedback, and advice
- Ability to create drawings
- Interactive Night Zookeeper TV
- Weekly challenges to compete against other kids (optional)
- Ability to turn on/off friend option from kids around the world
- Printed books that include student ideas!
- There is also a helpful Zookeeper parents guide
NOTE: There is no live chat feature. Kids have the ability to give peer input on other kids’ writing, but only after the comments are approved. All comments, input, and drawings are moderated and approved (or denied, if not appropriate).
Check out their full FAQ section here.
It’s called the Night Zoo Keeper because your kids get to be a nighttime zoo keeper!
Once you get your Night Zookeeper login info, it’s time to play!
Kids can grow their Night Zoo by playing zoo keeper games:
- Creating their own animals and writing animal reports about them (through writing prompts)
- Completing learning challenges
- Writing lessons
- Collecting other magical animals
Technical requirements for Night Zookeeper:
- Google Chrome, the latest version of Safari, or Mozilla Firefox (NOT Internet Explorer)
- Works on: laptops, iPads, and Google Chromebooks
Is Night Zookeeper an app?
Night Zookeeper is an online program for writing lessons, spelling lessons, and grammar lessons. It includes game challenges and games for kids. Night Zookeeper is available across all platforms and can be played on laptops, iPad, and Chromebooks.
Is Night Zookeeper free?
There is a Night Zookeeper free trial for 7 days. You can try out the learning game site and see if your kids like the lessons, games, and challenges (they will!) before you sign up for the full Night Zookeeper game subscription. Night Zookeeper is an affordable homeschool curriculum program or learning at home course.
I am an affiliate for Night Zookeeper. If you sign up for the annual plan at 50% off, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
►Want to get right to it? CLICK HERE to get Nightzookeeper 50 OFF the annual plan! (You don’t need a special Night Zookeeper discount code. Just use the link for the discount and you still get the Night Zookeeper trial first!)
If you’re looking for a free homeschool language arts curriculum, give the free program trial a chance and see what you think!
Is Zookeeper appropriate for school?
YES! Night Zookeeper is appropriate for school at home as an extra learning tool or as a full or supplemental homeschooling curriculum for language arts, spelling, or writing programs or even game homeschool. They have an option for classroom use and schools, also.
(Don’t miss our personal Nightzookeeper reviews below, including Night Zookeeper code discount.)
Is Night Zookeeper a full curriculum?
Night Zookeeper works well as a homeschool language arts program or writing program. Or, it can be used as supplemental learning for grammar, spelling, and writing for either extra learning at home or for home school.
How many kids can I add for Night Zookeeper?
You can add up to three children to your Night Zookeeper account under one price. However, if you have more children, you can contact support and they will help you add additional students for an additional cost per child.
How can I keep track of my child’s progress?
You can easily assess your child’s progress from the parent dashboard, which allows you to check on your child’s writing and other creations, any feedback and input they’ve received from the team tutors, and even if they’ve received awards or achievements.
How Much Is Night Zookeeper?
How much does Night Zookeeper cost?
The Night Zookeeper price is super affordable, especially when compared to other online learning games or homeschool writing curriculum — and this learning program offers tutor input and feedback. There are three payment options for Night Zoo Keeper, with each plan coming with a free 7 day trial period:
- $12.99/month for monthly plan
- $11.33/month for three-month plan (paid upfront as $33.99)
- $5.00/month for annual plan (paid upfront as $59.99)
WANT 50% OFF THE ANNUAL PLAN? USE OUR LINK:
CLICK HERE TO GET NIGHT ZOO KEEPER FOR 50% OFF
*Discount only good for annual plan that starts after the free 7-day trial
How to Cancel Nightzookeeper
Cancel Night Zookeeper any time before the 7 day trial is up and you won’t be charged for any subscription! If you do sign up for NightZookeeper and decide you no longer need it, you can cancel anytime online.
The Night Zookeeper Shop
There’s also a shop where you can buy fun things related to the characters and stories. It includes the book series (with contributions from students!), character t-shirts, and backpack. There’s even an entire teacher resource shop with a variety of different activity packs and more.
Night Zookeeper Reviews
Is Night Zookeeper any good?
The Night Zookeeper can help with:
- Spelling for kids, especially if they’re struggling
- Motivating kids to write in a fun, creative, and non-stressful way
- Learning punctuation and editing
- Increasing vocabulary
- Creating exciting game home schooling opportunities
What We Like About Night Zookeeper: Our Personal Review and Zookeeper Rating
My daughter is 12 years old and she has really enjoyed Nighttime Zoo Keeper! It is really helping her with developing and growing creative writing skills, spelling, and punctuation skills.
She’s also had a ton of fun creating (drawing online) her zoo animals and other creations! She even had one of her ideas for zookeeper stories included in their Night Zookeeper books! (They regularly do Night Zookeeper book calls for ideas, so your kids might have one of their ideas included, too.)
The only issue that we encountered with Night Zookeeper is an occasional error message when trying to access games during peak hours. However, you can still access other parts of the site (lessons, blog writing, drawing/creating animals, etc.) and the game access usually becomes available shortly.
I definitely recommend Night Zookeeper for homeschool language arts curriculum (or additional practice for learning at home) — writing, spelling, and punctuation for at home learning or if you’re wondering how to homeschool on language arts or incorporate game homeschooling into your learning.
If you’re looking for a zookeeper game online and want to sneak in some learning, try this learning game!
(You don’t need a specific Nightzookeeper coupon code. Just click on our link!)
COMPARING OTHER PROGRAMS: Night Zookeeper vs Brave Writer
One of the questions that I get is which is better Night Zookeeper vs Brave Writer? Both programs are excellent and highly recommended in the homeschooling community. Brave Writer’s online classes have students and parents working as partners through courses. Night Zookeeper’s online writing program is game-based and set up so the child can be independent in moving through the activities and receives feedback from online tutors. If you’re looking for a more independent program, Night Zookeeper might be a better choice.
FILE UNDER: Homeschool Language Arts Curriculum Reviews / Night Zookeeper Homeschool Review