It’s The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown lesson plans are fun for fall activities ideas and creative ideas for school Halloween activities! Have fun with all your favorite Peanuts characters-Linus, Charlie Brown, Woodstock, Snoopy and more with these fall lesson plans preschool and up, including Charlie Brown games, recipes, printables, party fun, and more!
It’s The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown Lesson Plans and Activities for Kids
These Activities for It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown are perfect to add to your Halloween lessons and fall fun for kids!
Activities and Lesson Plans for The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown:
- Watch the Charlie Brown movies for fall
- Read It’s The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown book
- Do It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown Activity Pack
- Make It’s a Great Pumpkin recipes
- Make “I Got A Rock” Charlie Brown painted rocks
- Write a letter to The Great Pumpkin
- Draw what they think The Great Pumpkin looks like
- Complete Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown printables
- Color Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown coloring sheets
(see full list and links below!)
Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown Party Ideas
To go along with your Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown activities, why not have a Halloween party?
- Have kids dress in their favorite Peanuts characters
- Make a Welcome Great Pumpkin Sign for your yard
- Give out “I GOT A ROCK” rocks as favors
- Play Charlie Brown party games
- Serve pumpkin theme foods
- Give out Charlie Brown socks as favors
- Decorate with Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown Halloween decorations
- Get a Great Pumpkin backdrop for pictures
- Grab Great Pumpkin plates with your Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown party supplies
What year was the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown?
It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown was first released in October 1966. However, it is a timeless classic that kids of all ages seem to love and a great story to add to your Halloween activities, party, or fall lesson plans!
What is the moral of It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown?
Like many of the Charlie Brown movies, the moral of It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown is a story of hope and perseverance. No matter what happens, Charlie Brown always seems to bounce back and Linus is a never-ending optimist who always finds the best in everything.
What did Charlie Brown get for trick or treat?
Poor Charlie Brown always got a rock while trick or treating. After each trick-or-treat house, all the Peanuts characters look in their treat bags and announce what they got. Charlie Brown sadly announced each time that now famous quote, “I got a rock.”
ALSO CHECK OUT:
27 Ideas and Lesson Plans For The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
- Watch It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
- Read It’s The Great Pumpkin book
- Finish the story with creative writing: Does the Great Pumpkin show up? Why or why not?
- Get a comprehension guide for the cartoon
- Make Great Pumpkin pops
- Play Peanuts Bingo
- Do a Great Pumpkin word search
- Paint your own Great Pumpkin
- Make pumpkin cookies
- Learn: Is pumpkin a fruit or vegetable?
- Do Great Pumpkin Search and Finds
- Grab a free pumpkin lifecycle printable
- Visit a local pumpkin patch
- Learn about the real Red Baron (since Snoopy is a WWI flying ace)
- Roast pumpkin seeds
- Make a DIY Great Pumpkin bowling game
- Make sheet ghost costumes (like the Peanuts characters wear)
- Paint rocks (since Charlie Brown only got rocks while trick or treating!)
- Get a Great Pumpkin script and put on your own play
- Make a Great Pumpkin smoothie
- Do a Great Pumpkin scavenger hunt
- Complete a Great Pumpkin MadLib
- Make your own giant Great Pumpkins for the lawn
- Do a movie worksheet
- Grab a free gratitude pumpkins printable and have kids write what they’re thankful for
- Color a Great Pumpkin coloring sheet
- Write your own letters to The Great Pumpkin