Learn about pumpkin life cycle with our free pumpkin printable, pumpkins for kids lesson plans, and pumpkin activity for preschool and up ideas! All about pumpkins for kids!
LEARNING ABOUT LIFE CYCLE OF PUMPKIN
If you need a fun theme lesson, add studying the life cycle of a pumpkin to your list!
Fall, especially around Halloween and Thanksgiving, is a great time to study pumpkins because you can do so many hands on activities to go with it — head out to the pumpkin patch, roast pumpkin seeds, make pumpkins cookies or pumpkin cake pops, and so much more … like learning a pumpkin life cycle!
Don’t miss our free pumpkin life cycle worksheet / life cycle of pumpkin printable at the bottom of the post (including pictures of pumpkin life cycle / pumpkins drawings)!
Pumpkin Life Cycle Facts
What is the pumpkin life cycle?
- Plant pumpkin seeds into the ground.
- Seed germination takes place.
- Pumpkin seeds sprout.
- Sprouts become seedlings.
- Pumpkin seedlings sprout blossoms, which are pollinated by bees and insects.
- Pumpkin fruits grow.
- You get pumpkins with seeds!
- Continue the lifecycle by using those pumpkin seeds to grow more pumpkins.
ALSO CHECK OUT FROM OUR SISTER SITE: Pumpkins Fruit or Vegetable?
How long does it take for a pumpkin to grow?
The complete pumpkin life cycle timeline is up to 100 days for a pumpkin to grow from seed to until the fruit is ripe! If you want to get a head-start on your pumpkin growing, start your seeds indoors in small containers placed in a warm area. Then, you have pumpkin seedlings to plant when the weather is ready to transplant outdoors.
Don’t be afraid to carry this study unit from October activities for kids into November and learning about the First Thanksgiving so that you can take advantage of all the pumpkin-filled goodness for that fun holiday, too!
Life Cycle of a Pumpkin Books for Kids
There are so many fantastic pumpkin life cycle book options out there about pumpkins and the life cycle of a pumpkin:
19 Pumpkin Lesson Plans and Activities to Go With Pumpkin Life Cycle Learning
Here are some pumpkin resources that will allow you to create your own pumpkin unit study for homeschool, plus some other pumpkin-related activities and ideas for fall activities for kids.
- Grab a FREE life cycle of pumpkin worksheet and then sequence the pumpkin life cycle
- Incorporate a pumpkin life cycle lesson plan
- Read Spookley and do Spookley the Square Pumpkin lesson plans
- Do a pumpkin life cycle craft / pumpkin life cycle activity
- Make easy (and super yummy!) pumpkin cookies
- Take a field trip to the local pumpkin patch/farm
- Roast pumpkin seeds
- Complete a pumpkin mini unit
- After you carve a real pumpkin, carve a pumpkin online
- Sing a pumpkin life cycle song
- Make an erupting pumpkin science experiment
- Play glow-in-the-dark pumpkin ring toss (big pumpkin with a stem to toss the rings onto and glow in the dark necklaces as the rings)
- Make tissue paper pumpkin favors for your friends
- Create pumpkin cats
- Do other things besides carving your pumpkins (like painted pumpkins for kids)
- Investigate a pumpkin
- Play Roll a Pumpkin
- Work on pumpkin fractions
- Play some pumpkin games
FREE Life Cycle Of Pumpkin Worksheet Printable
Grab our free lifecycle of a pumpkin printable pack, complete with pumpkin life cycle pictures and pumpkin life cycle coloring page! It’s a good growing pumpkins diagram pack to study life cycle of pumpkin for preschool and up!
CLICK HERE To Get Your Free Pumpkin Life Cycle Printable!