Lyle Crocodile lessons and kids activities based on the Lyle The Crocodile books and the Lyle, Lyle Crocodile movie. Includes interesting facts about crocodile, book themed activities teaching resources, Lyle crafts and crocodile craft ideas, book extension activities for preschoolers, and croc activities for kids in classroom and homeschool. Fun teaching with books and movies / lesson plans based on books and other resources for little learners of all ages!
Fun Lyle, Lyle Crocodile Lessons and Activities for Kids
If your kids love Lyle Lyle Crocodile books or are excited to see the Lyle Crocodile movie for kids, they’ll have fun with these book activities and movie activities. Enough fun to create a Crocodile Lyle study unit or literature unit — tons of ideas for worksheets and activities For Lyle, Lyle Crocodile book and movie!
Activities With Lyle, Lyle, the Crocodile Book Series and Lyle Crocodile Movie
- Read the Lyle Crocodile series
- Host a Lyle Lyle Crocodile read aloud party
- Watch the new Lyle Lyle Crocodile movie
- Do a compare and contrast between the book and movie (fun watch and learn and read and learn activities)
- Have fun with a draw Lyle Crocodile activity
- Learn about crocodile facts for kids
- Draw your own Lyle, Lyle Crocodile book covers
- Learn about how can you tell a crocodile from an alligator
- Get free crocodile coloring pages
- Make a new-sew crocodile scarf (fleece tie scarf)
- Practice creative writing skills and write your own crocodile story (or continue an adventure from Lyle)
- Create a crocodile timeline sequence of events
- Read crocodile books and learn about real crocodiles
- Discuss any real problem that Lyle may have living in the city
- Sing some songs like the lovable lyle singing crocodile
- Check out other Bernard Waber books (the children’s author)
- Search for Lyle Crocodile kids activities near me and go to some events for childrens books with activities!
Get the full Crocodile Lyle lessons and project activities, including Lyle Lyle Crocodile reading level ideas, crocodile games, and free Lyle Crocodile movie worksheets below. Using childrens books with lesson plans is one of our favorite learning resources!
What Is Lyle, Lyle Crocodile?
Let’s first start with a Lyle Lyle Crocodile summary and questions you may have.
If you’re new to the series, you may be wondering…
What is the book Lyle Lyle Crocodile about?
The Lyle Crocodile books are a children’s books series that feature a talking crocodile named Lyle. Lyle lives with the Primm family in New York and the stories follow Lyle and his adventures. The film follows the same plot with the life of Lyle living in New York city.
What book is Lyle Lyle Crocodile based on?
Lyle Lyle the Crocodile is actually the second book in the series (book 2 of 9 books in the series). The first book in the series where Crocodile Lyle first appeared was in a children’s book called The House on East 88th Street.
Where does Lyle the Crocodile live?
Lyle the Crocodile lives in Manhattan on East 88th Street, which where the first book The House on East 88th Street came from!
Is Lyle Lyle Crocodile an alligator?
Lyle, Lyle the Crocodile is a crocodile and not an alligator. He is the star of a book series of the same name and now Lyle Crocodile has a movie!
What age is Lyle Lyle Crocodile for?
The Lyle Lyle Crocodile movie age rating is rated PG, which is around age 8 and older. So, it’s a good family movie for younger audiences, too.
The Lyle, Lyle Crocodile books are listed as preschool to grade 3.
Can Lyle the Crocodile talk?
Lyle the crocodile doesn’t talk, but he can sing! And, I think we can all agree, a singing crocodile is way better than a talking croc, right?
YOU’LL ALSO HAVE FUN WITH THESE LESSONS AND KIDS’ ACTIVITIES:
39+ Lessons and Kids Activities for Lyle, Lyle Crocodile
Create fun learning activities with Lyle Lyle Crocodile movie and books, use for children’s books with lesson plans, and also learn about real crocodiles!
Awesome Ideas For Kids Movies and Children’s Books With Activities:
- Read The House on East 88th Street (which is Lyle Lyle Crocodile book 1 in the crocodile book series).
- Follow along with a The House On East 88th Street read along.
- Download a free classroom unit study on LYLE THE CROCODILE based on the books by Bernard Waber (includes sequencing lessons for kindergarten – grade 3).
- Get the entire Lyle, Lyle Crocodile book series and do a guided reading lesson sequence for books in the Lyle The Crocodile book series.
- Download free Lyle, Lyle Crocodile coloring sheet pdf and activity pages to go with the Lyle Lyle Crocodile movie and the books.
- Get free Lyle, Lyle Crocodile worksheets (grades 1-3).
- Read the Lyle Crocodile Junior Novelization.
- Have a Lyle The Crocodile movie watch party (make some green colored popcorn to go with it!).
- Dress up as Lyle Crocodile and put on a Lyle the Crocodile play.
- Learn how to draw Lyle the Crocodile with his red scarf.
- Make paper crocodile crafts like Lyle.
- Make a free crocodile craft hat visor.
- Read Curious About Crocodiles (About Animals)
- Watch a Wild Kratts episode on crocodiles.
- Watch a Wild Kratts episode on alligators vs crocodiles.
- Get free animal mistaken identity cards pdf printable.
- Watch a NatGeo video about crocodile vs alligator differences.
- Make a model or diorama of a crocodile’s habitat.
- Create a terrarium to match a crocodile’s habitat (include one of these!).
- Grow and hatch a crocodile.
- Use these to learn about the lifecycle of a crocodile.
- Get a Crocodile Activity Wall Panel Montessori Sensory Wall Toy
- Make a cucumber crocodile.
- Play a funny Crocodile Dentist game.
- Have fun with this remote control crocodile in an empty aquarium of water.
- Read The Enormous Crocodile by Roald Dahl
- Make a crocodile puppet craft.
- Play crocodile ring toss.
- Play Croc N Roll.