Need April Fools Day tricks to play for kids and adults? We have fun April Fools Day tricks for kids and parents and we’ll also learn about April Fools Day, including why April Fool Day is celebrated! We have the best April Fools pranks and ideas, April Fools jokes for this fun holiday, and even learning about the history of April Fools Day for students and April Fools Day lesson ideas.
APRIL FOOLS DAY TRICKS AND APRIL FOOLS DAY LESSON PLANS
Here are some of the best April Fools pranks you can play on family and April Fools pranks to do at home for this April Fool’s Day! You could even adapt some of these for homeschool co-op or April Fools Day classroom activities! Here are some funny ideas for April fool pranks for your favorite jokesters and hoax lovers…
What are some popular April Fools’ day pranks?
Best April Fools Day Pranks (Family Friendly Pranks):
- Frozen milk serial prank
- Wifi password change
- Fake parking ticket prank
- Family photo swap joke
- Switching salt and sugar prank
- Plastic wrap on the toilet joke
- Broken phone screen trick
- Fill a toothpaste tube with white icing prank
- Brussel sprout pops on candy sticks trick
- Brown E April Fools joke (“Hey, I made brownies for your lunch today!” but they’re really cut out brown letter E’s)
- Kick me sign on the back classic prank idea
Don’t miss the full list of funny April Fools Day tricks and easy April Fools pranks for family below. (They even make good April Fool’s day pranks for classroom or teacher April fools prank ideas!)
Wondering why do we celebrate April Fools Day? Keep scrolling!
When is April Fools Day 2022?
The April Fools Day date is always on April 1st. In 2022, April Fools’ Day falls on a Friday. Plan early with your easiest April Fools pranks to play on friends and family!
TIP: Always stay safe when playing April Fools’ Day pranks and jokes. Never put yourself or anyone else in danger to play a prank.
April Fools Day pranks for kids don’t have to be harsh! In fact, you can have a lot of fun with innocent pranks for children and April Fool’s Day joke for teens. We’ve listed harmless April Fools pranks for family and class.
Best April Fool’s Day Ideas for Parents To Play on Kids
- Freeze milk and cereal in a bowl and let them defrost to create a ‘slushy’ breakfast.
- Change the Wifi password and tell them it’s because the old one wasn’t working.
- Quietly tape paper over the entire child’s bedroom door while they sleep so they have to bust out of it in the morning.
- Put a clear sticker over the lens of their webcam so it distorts everything.
- Swap the shampoo and conditioner in the shower.
- Put a sign on the bathroom door that says ‘Out of Order! Please Use The Other One’ and put the same sign on all the other bathrooms in the house.
- Pack the bottom of a kitchen sink with crumpled paper and place a dirty dishes on top so it looks like there’s a lot of dishes to do. Tell them they have to do dishes before anything else.
- Stick a fake spider or snake in their shoe. (Yes, one of these April Fools jokes easy prank, but still works!)
- Put a layer of white shaving cream on the toilet seat.
- Turn all the light switches off in their room and watch them freak out trying to find them.
- Put a cracked screen sticker on their phone, tablet, or laptop.
- Replace regular toilet paper with no-tear toilet paper.
- Have a teen driver and need April Fools pranks for teenager? Sneak to school or work and place this on their windshield right before they leave. (Be sure to hang around and get a video of their reaction!)
Let us know if you have good tricks to play on April Fools day on kids!
ALSO CHECK OUT: APRIL ACTIVITIES CALENDAR IDEAS FOR KIDS
OK! Now onto the best April Fools pranks to play on parents! Some of these are even easy last minute April Fools pranks on parents in case you forget until April 1 hits!
Best April Fool’s Day Pranks for Kids To Play
April Fools day tricks to play on parents:
- Switch the toilet paper roll with a facing down roll (or the opposite way that your parent must have it!).
- Loudly announce to your parents that you forgot to tell them you needed a clown costume for a play you’re in today.
- Put Vaseline on the doorknob so it’s hard to open. (Great for pranks to pull on your parents while they are sleeping.)
- Change the time on their computer or phone.
- Get a cheap fake security camera, place it in the bathroom near the shower, and tape a note in the shower that says, “Smile, you’re on candid camera!”
- Put a fake spider in someone’s shoe or on the pillow to startle them when they wake up. (Still good pranks to pull on your mom while she’s sleeping!)
- Send funny prank emails to your parents that look like it comes from their boss, the IRS, or someone important.
- Smear a pair under with melted chocolate and put them on the floor where your parents will see them first thing in the morning. (Yes, one of those easy April Fools jokes… but effective!)
- Change the language setting on their computer to a foreign one. (Be sure you know how to change it back!)
- Replace all the family photos in your house with photos of random families.
- Put fake vomit by the toilet.
- Wrap the toilet in plastic wrap.
- Cover the bathroom mirror with post-it notes.
- Use this fake cricket sound and ask your parents to help you find the cricket because it’s driving you crazy!
- Place a fake cockroach in the cereal so it comes out when they pour the cereal into the bowl.
- Use a fake parking ticket and tell them their car has been towed (or tell them this was stuck to your front door).
- Spill some sugar on the counter and then place a bunch of fake ants going to it.
If you have good ones, let us know your best April Fool’s pranks for kids to play on parents! We’d love to add to our list of April Fools Day jokes to play on your mom or dad!
How can you avoid being pranked on April Fools’ day?
So what if you don’t want to be an April Fool? If you don’t want to be the victim of an April Fools’ day prank, there are a few things you can do to avoid it.
What if I don’t want to participate on April 1?
- Be aware of common April Fools Day jokes and try not to fall for any of the common April Fools’ day pranks.
- Stay present and be aware of your surroundings and who might be trying to prank you. Trust no one on this day!
- Let others know you don’t participate in the April Fools Day holiday.
- Ahead of the April Fools’ date, discuss with the family what is off limits (like your work laptop, the pets, etc.).
- Rethink your stand on the fools of April. Let it go and give in to the April holiday! It’s one day to have some fun.
- Keep a sense of humor about it if someone does manage to prank you. It’s all in good fun! Try not to take yourself too seriously.
As part of your April Fools activities for April 1st, add learning about the history of April Fools’ Day.
About April Fools Day History
What is the origin of April Fools’ day?
There are several theories about the origin of April Fools’ day:
- Some say it was due to the changeover from the Julian calendar to the Gregorian calendar. People who were still following the older calendar were referred to as “April Fools” and people played pranks on them as the way to make fun of them.
- One theory suggests that the day is a carryover from ancient Roman celebrations of Hilaria that took place in March. People dressed up in costumes that allowed them to mock others and even
- Another theory links the origins of the day to the vernal equinox and the unpredictable weather was seen as Mother Nature’s way of pranking people.
- Another popular theory about the origins of April Fools’ day suggests that the day began as a way for people to prank each other after the Lenten season. During Lent, Christians are often encouraged to give up certain luxuries, such as sweets or jokes. After Lent was over, people would prank each other as a way to celebrate the end of the Lenten season.
Is April Fools’ Day celebrated world-wide?
April Fools’ Day is celebrated all over the world. However, it may have additional names and be celebrated for different reasons in different cultures.
April Fool’s Day Lessons for Kids and April Fools Activities Ideas
Use these April Fool’s Day resources to celebrate and learn about April Fools’ Day!
- Check out NatGeo for outrageous April Fools Day pranks throughout history
- Read more about the origin of April Fools’ Day
- Grab this free quiz April fools worksheet
- Get a free April Fool lesson plan
- Do April Fools’ Day tongue twisters
- Get April Fools Day math problems
- Grab this funny April Fools’ Day word search and play a prank on students
- Do this funny follow the directions April Fool joke on students
- Get an April Fool’s Day activity pack
- Come up with some April Fools Day jokes to play on students and friends (use this gag bag for ideas)
- Read April Fools’ Day books for kids:
Let us know your best April fool ideas in the comments!