These preschool graduation ideas including preschool graduation at home ideas, homeschool graduation themes for preschoolers, online preschool graduation ideas (virtual graduation), best preschool graduation gifts and how to throw an epic preschool party to celebrate your grad (that also work for kindergarten graduation year, too)!
AWESOME PRESCHOOL GRADUATION IDEAS FOR HOMESCHOOLING PRESCHOOLERS OR PRESCHOOL GRADUATION PARTIES
Graduating preschool is a big deal for your kids! They are moving into “big kid” school level, so be sure to celebrate them with these pre k graduation ideas and little graduates preschool activities.
How do preschoolers celebrate graduation?
Homeschool preschool graduation ideas:
- Have an at-home graduation ceremony honoring your preschooler for end of year.
- Have a theme party to celebrate. (Fun party theme ideas and preschool promotion ideas below.)
- For graduation presentation ideas, give a brief graduation speech highlighting the year. (Use a slide show or photos to prompt you on what to say for preschool graduation.)
- Give your graduate a diploma or certificate of graduation. (Get one like this.)
- Make fun preschool awards (like best smile, funniest joke, most books read, etc.) and give out during the graduation ceremony.
- Have a slide show or photos of different things your preschooler did and places they visited during the year.
- Provide a small gift to your graduate.
- Invite friends and family to a graduation party. Serve light refreshments such as cake and punch.
- Set up a graduation selfie station with graduation photo props. Have fun taking pictures of the graduate with his or her friends and family.
- Get a preschool graduation cap and gown to make it feel official. (Yes, they even have graduation hats for preschoolers!)
- Have a walking graduation parade around the neighborhood (or a car parade).
There are a ton more ideas for graduation activities for preschool, so keep scrolling! If you’re wondering how do you make a homeschool graduation special, we’ll show you!
Looking for other homeschool graduation ceremony ideas?
CHECK OUT OUR HOMESCHOOLING GRADUATION PAGE
PLANNING A PRESCHOOL GRADUATION PARTY
When it comes to preschool graduation parties, there are a lot of things to take into account. You want the day to be special for your little graduate, but you also want to make sure that everything goes smoothly.
Here are some tips on throwing an online preschool graduation party that will be both memorable and fun!
One of the first decisions you’ll need to make is what theme to go with, which is especially fun for a pre kindergarten graduation. There are so many great options out there, it can be hard to choose just one! If your child has a favorite book or movie, why not base the party around that? Or, if they’re into animals or nature, there are plenty of themes that could fit that bill as well.
Once you’ve decided on a theme, it’s time to set a date, figure out the guests, start sending out invitations! You can go the traditional route and send them in the mail, or you could send them out electronically. If you choose to go the electronic route, there are a ton of great online options to choose from. You can even create your own invitations using a program like Canva.com or PicMonkey.com
Once the invitations have been sent out, it’s time to start decorating! This is another aspect of the party that you can really let your child’s personality shine through. If they’re into pirates, go all out with a pirate-themed party. If they’re more of a princess type, deck out the room in pink and glitter. The possibilities are endless!
Food and drinks are another important aspect of any party, and the same goes for preschool graduation parties. You’ll want to have something for everyone, from toddlers to adults. If you’re not sure what to serve, try a buffet with a variety of options, including vegetarian recipes and gluten-free dishes.
Finally, no party would be complete without party favors! You can either buy them premade or make them yourself. If you choose to make them yourself, the possibilities are endless. You could create craft kits, activity books, or even small goodie bags.
With these tips in mind, you’re sure to have a preschool graduation party that your little graduate will never forget!
Preschool Graduation Tips:
- How you will run the graduation ceremony
- Choosing the right theme
- Date and location
- Guests and Invitations
- Food and drinks
- Party favors
- Photo stations
- & MORE
Read on for the full preschool ideas for graduation and preschool graduation ideas themes.
Preschool Graduation Themes Ideas
1. The ABCs of Graduation
This theme is perfect for alphabet lovers. Have your guests come dressed as letters of the alphabet, and decorate with balloons, streamers, and other fun items that include the alphabet. Make your own the ABCs of graduation cap using a preschool graduation cap and stick on letters.
2. Graduation Around the World
Take your guests on a trip around the world with this festive theme. Decorate with flags from different countries, serve international cuisine, and have a variety of music playing in the background.
3. Color Me Excited (For Your Graduation!)
Let your preschooler’s favorite colors take center stage with this theme. Decorate with streamers, balloons, and other colorful items, and serve up party food that matches the theme. (Layered drinks would be fun for this theme in the theme colors!)
4. Under the Sea
Take your guests on a journey to the ocean floor with this underwater-themed party. Serve up fish and chips or a fish taco bar or beach party food, decorate with blue and green balloons and streamers, and have a treasure hunt game or set up “fishing” stations for prizes (especially if you’re having an outdoor graduation party).
5. What’s The Buzz Garden Theme
The buzz is that your preschooler graduated! Have a garden-themed celebration with lots of bees buzzing around. Serve up a variety of fruits and vegetables, decorate with flowers and bumblebees, and have a bubble machine going to set the mood.
6. Party in the Park
Take your party outdoors with this fun park-themed celebration. Spread out picnic blankets, have outdoor park games like frisbee, hula hoops (or this), and serve up some classic party food like hot dogs and hamburgers. Just celebrate your grad in a casual atmosphere.
7. Circus or Carnival Theme
Let your preschoolers be the stars of the show with this circus-themed party. Serve up circus-themed food like popcorn and cotton candy, decorate with colorful balloons and streamers, and have a variety of carnival games for the guests to play.
8. The Places You’ll Go!
Oh, The Place You’ll Go party is based on the Dr. Seuss book and is one of the best graduation themes. You can have the books around and decorate with different places you’ll go theme items.
9. One Smart Cookie
One smart cookie is fun because it celebrates your preschool child’s smarts and it can be a fun play on words with Cookie Monster decorations and a cookie bar with different toppings and fillings kids can add to their cookies.
10. Only Going UP!
This preschool party graduation theme is centered around the movie Up and/or balloons. (These are perfect for this theme!)
11. Too Cool for (Pre)School
This is a fun theme where you can use your imagination for “cool” items. Give guests sunglasses and fans (to stay cool!) and go all out with school decorations. Have small chalkboards and chalk as fun things to do at the tables.
Most of these themes for graduation work for kindergarten celebration ideas, too!
Of course, you can always just have a regular old graduation party! Have your dress up in the caps and gown, have a small ceremony with speeches, and serve cake and punch.
Whatever theme you choose for your preschool graduation party, be sure to have lots of fun and celebrate your child’s accomplishments!
Preschool Graduation Photo Booth Ideas
- Set up a fun photo booth backdrop that’s appropriate for preschooler’s graduation (like this). This photo cutout will also be a lot of fun for guest of all ages! (Best way to get everyone involved in preschool photo ideas!)
- Use fun graduation-themed props and dress up like tassels, graduation caps, diplomas, and more!
- If you have the time and resources, try making your own photo booth props with blown-up pictures of your preschooler or a cutout so people can have fun taking pictures with that, too!
Preschool Graduation Party Games and Activities
How do preschoolers celebrate graduation?
- Pin the Tassel on the Graduation Cap
- Musical chairs (complete with prizes!)
- Freeze dance
- Water balloon toss
- Graduation crafts for preschoolers (great preschool graduation art projects for a variety of ages/stages)
- Lawn bowling
- Graduation pinata
- Sack races and egg balance races
Preschool Graduation Party Food Ideas
- Mini pizzas with graduation caps on top
- Congratulations cookies
- Graduation cake pops
- Layered drinks in theme colors
- Mini sandwiches cut into graduation cap shapes
- Diploma sandwiches (meat, cheese, or vegetables rolled into a scroll and secured with green onion ties)
- Layered Jello cups (use your party theme colors)
- Colored popcorn
- Fun infused waters
DIY Preschool Graduation Gift Ideas and Preschool Graduation Keepsake Ideas
If you’re looking for ideas on how to celebrate your little one’s graduation from preschool, here are some fun and creative ideas to get you started!
- Photo book of the child’s time in preschool or school year journal
- Handprint or footprint plaque with the child’s name and graduation date (this is a cool kit)
- Custom-made T-shirt or hat with the child’s name and graduation date
- Picture frame with a photo of the child doing one of their favorite things from the year
- Small trophy or medal to commemorate the child’s graduation
- Growth chart with photos of the child at different ages
- Story book customized with their name
Whatever gift you choose, be sure to mark the occasion with a special celebration! Get the child’s friends and family together for a party filled with games, food, and fun. And don’t forget to take lots of pictures to commemorate this special day!
How To Have A Virtual Online Preschool Graduation
Unfortunately, it may be necessary to have some or all of your guests online for a virtual graduation ceremony. An online graduation can still be lots of fun for everyone!
How do you do a virtual preschool graduation?
- Send out invitations to your friends and family letting them know that the graduation will be held online and the directions.
- Invite everyone to be prepared to say something fun about the graduate. Ask them to have drinks, snacks, and cake or cupcake to enjoy at their own party.
- On the day, have everyone gather in a chat room or on a video call platform like Skype, FaceTime, or Zoom. Have a designated person (not you!) to help anyone out with any technical issues.
- Have a grad ceremony (just like you would in person)! Invite others to say something to the graduate.
- Play fun online games.
- Take screenshots for pictures of the graduation party.
- End the graduation by cutting a celebratory cake or opening presents together.
No matter how you choose to celebrate, sending out graduation invitations is a fun way to let your loved ones know about the upcoming event!
A graduation celebration doesn’t have to be a big event (unless you want it to be)!
You could simply have a small get together at your house with family and friends to celebrate your child’s accomplishments.
Have a few games, snacks, and maybe a small graduation craft for the kids to do.
Whatever you decide to do, be sure to make it special and unique to your child!