Fun DIY preschool graduation ideas for end of the school year celebration, including preschool graduation at home ideas, preschool craft activities, homeschool graduation themes for preschoolers, how to have a virtual graduation for family and friends, best preschool graduation gifts and how to throw an epic preschool party with fun pre k graduation themes to celebrate your grad (that also work for kindergarten graduation year, too)!
AWESOME PRESCHOOL GRADUATION IDEAS FOR HOMESCHOOLING PRESCHOOLERS OR PRESCHOOL GRADUATION PARTIES
Graduating preschool is a big deal for your kids! As a graduate from preschool, they are moving into “big kid” school level. Be sure to celebrate them with these pre k graduation ideas and little graduates preschool activities. (These work for graduation theme ideas for kindergarten as well as ideas for preschool graduation themes.)
How do preschoolers celebrate graduation?
16 Best Homeschool Preschool Graduation Ideas and Preschool Graduation Activities:
- Have an at-home graduation ceremony honoring your preschooler for end of year.
- Have a theme party to celebrate. (Fun party theme ideas and preschool promotion ideas below.)
- For graduation presentation ideas, give a brief graduation speech highlighting the year. (Use a slide show or photos to prompt you on what to say for preschool graduation.)
- Make a preschool printable keepsake yearbook for your preschooler.
- Make fun preschool awards (like best smile, funniest joke, most books read, etc.) and give out during the graduation ceremony as fun graduation ideas for pre k.
- Have a slide show or photos of different things your preschooler did and places they visited during the year.
- Provide a small gift to your graduate.
- Throw graduation caps as part of the graduation celebration.
- Make a handprint poem craft about growing up.
- Invite friends and family to a graduation party. Serve light refreshments such as cake and punch (or get full-on theme party ideas for graduating from preschool below!).
- Set up a graduation selfie station with graduation photo props. Have fun taking pictures of the graduate with his or her friends and family.
- Sing a graduation song for preschoolers.
- Do sidewalk chalk photos and other fun graduation photographs.
- Give your graduate a diploma or certificate of graduation. (Get one like this.)
- Get a preschool graduation cap and gown to make it feel official. (Yes, they even have graduation hats for preschoolers!)
- Have a walking graduation parade around the neighborhood (or a car parade).
There are a ton more ideas for graduation activities for preschool and headstart graduation ideas, so keep scrolling for prek graduation themes and more! If you’re wondering how do you make a homeschool graduation special, we’ll show you with these preschoolers graduation tips and tricks and DIY graduation preschool ideas at home!
Looking for other homeschool graduation ceremony ideas (beyond graduation for preschoolers / graduation kindergarten ideas)?
CHECK OUT OUR HOMESCHOOLING GRADUATION PAGE
PLANNING A PRESCHOOL GRADUATION PARTY
How To Plan A Preschool Graduation
When it comes to preschool graduation parties and pre k graduation theme ideas, there are a lot of things to take into account.
You want the day to be special for your little graduate, but you also want to make sure that everything goes smoothly for your graduation for preschool at home or elsewhere!
Here’s how to make graduation day for preschoolers special and how to celebrate preschool graduation…
Preschool Graduation Tips and Ideas
- How you will run the graduation ceremony if you’re doing it at home (like for preschool homeschool)?
- Choosing the right pre-k graduation themes (see ideas for a theme for preschool graduation below)
- Date and location
- Guests and Invitations
- Decorations that go with your DIY theme preschool graduation ideas
- Food and drinks
- Party favors
- Photo stations to capture those graduation in preschool memories
- Party games / party activities
- & MORE fun graduation ideas for preschool / for your preschool homeschooler
Here are some tips on throwing an online preschool graduation party that will be both memorable and fun!
1. How will you have a graduation ceremony at home?
If you are hosting a homeschool graduation, spend some time mapping out how you will have the actual graduation ceremony. Will you speak? When are you going to give your preschooler a diploma? Where will they stand?
Your graduation for preschoolers ideas don’t need to be elaborate, but you should put some thought into the actual ceremony for graduation in addition to the party.
2. Choose from fun pre k preschool graduation themes.
One of the first decisions you’ll need to make is what theme to go with, which is especially fun for a pre kindergarten graduation.
There are so many great options out there, it can be hard to choose just one! If your child has a favorite book or movie, why not base the party around that?
Or, if they’re into animals or nature, there are plenty of themes that could fit that bill as well.
3. Set the graduation party date.
Once you’ve decided on a theme, it’s time to set a date, figure out the guests, start sending out invitations!
You can go the traditional route and send them in the mail, or you could send them out electronically.
If you choose to go the electronic route, there are a ton of great online options to choose from. You can even create your own invitations using a program like Canva.com or PicMonkey.com
4. Don’t forget graduation party decorations.
Once the invitations have been sent out, it’s time to start decorating!
This is another aspect of the party that you can really let your child’s personality shine through.
If they’re into pirates, go all out with a pirate-themed party. If they’re more of a princess type, deck out the room in pink and glitter.
The fun possibilities are endless. Have fun with your DIY preschool graduation decorations!
5. Plan graduation themed party foods and drinks.
Food and drinks are another important aspect of any party, and the same goes for preschool graduation parties.
You’ll want to have something for everyone, from toddlers to adults.
If you’re not sure what to serve, try a buffet with a variety of options, including vegetarian recipes and gluten-free dishes.
6. Will you have party favors?
No party would be complete without party favors!
You can either buy them premade or make them yourself.
If you choose to make them yourself, the possibilities are endless. You could create craft kits, activity books, or even small goodie bags.
7. Think about party games and activities.
If guests are going to be hanging out at the party for a while, include fun graduation games and other graduation activities. Bonus points if you make them go with the theme! (See grad games below!)
With these tips in mind, you’re sure to have a preschool graduation party that your little graduate will never forget!
Read on for the full preschool ideas for graduation and preschool graduation ideas themes. This is a fun age because there are some really cute preK graduation theme ideas (that also work for graduation for kindergarten ideas)!
Preschool Graduation Themes Ideas / Kindergarten Graduation Themes
Themes For Preschool Graduation Ceremony And Graduation Ideas Preschool Party
These fun themes for graduation work great for preschoolers and also for fun kindergarten graduation theme ideas! Any of these preschool graduation theme ideas are fun additions to your party and fun preschool graduation ceremony ideas.
(These would also make cute graduation bulletin board ideas for preschoolers or fun preschool graduation ceremony program themes!)
You don’t to spend a ton of money on a graduation party! You can easily do DIY cheap preschool graduation ideas and budget-friendly food!
Preschool Graduation Theme Idea: The ABCs of Graduation
This graduation theme for preschool is perfect for alphabet lovers. Have your guests come dressed as letters of the alphabet, and decorate with balloons, streamers, and other fun items that include the alphabet. Make your own the ABCs of graduation cap using a preschool graduation cap and stick on letters.
Preschool Graduation Theme Idea: Graduation Around the World
Take your guests on a trip around the world with this festive theme. Decorate with flags from different countries, serve international cuisine, and have a variety of music playing in the background.
Preschool Graduation Theme Idea: Color Me Excited (For Your Graduation!)
Let your preschooler’s favorite colors take center stage with these graduation theme ideas for preschool. Decorate with streamers, balloons, and other colorful items, and serve up party food that matches the theme. (Layered drinks would be fun for this theme in the theme colors!)
Preschool Graduation Theme Idea: Under the Sea
Take your guests on a journey to the ocean floor with this underwater-themed party. Serve up fish and chips or a fish taco bar or beach party food, decorate with blue and green balloons and streamers, and have a treasure hunt game or set up “fishing” stations for prizes (especially if you’re having an outdoor graduation party).
Kids love an under the sea graduation theme!
Preschool Graduation Theme Idea: What’s The Buzz Garden Theme
The buzz is that your preschooler graduated! Have a garden-themed celebration with lots of bees buzzing around. Serve up a variety of fruits and vegetables, decorate with flowers and bumblebees, and have a bubble machine going to set the mood.
You can also do this preschool graduation poem flower craft about growing up!
Preschool Graduation Theme Idea: Party in the Park
Take your party outdoors with this fun park-themed celebration. Spread out picnic blankets, have outdoor park games like frisbee, hula hoops (or this), and serve up some classic party food like hot dogs and hamburgers. Just celebrate your grad in a casual atmosphere.
YOU’LL ALSO HAVE FUN WITH: Last Day Of Homeschool Ideas: Creative End of Year Celebrations
Preschool Graduation Theme Idea: Circus or Carnival Theme
Let your preschoolers be the stars of the show with this circus-themed party. Serve up circus-themed food like popcorn and cotton candy, decorate with colorful balloons and streamers, and have a variety of carnival games for the guests to play.
Preschool Graduation Theme Idea: The Places You’ll Go!
Oh, The Place You’ll Go party is based on the Dr. Seuss book and is one of the best graduation themes. You can have the books around and decorate with different places you’ll go theme items.
GET MORE DR. SEUSS OH, THE PLACES YOU’LL GO GRADUATION PARTY IDEAS
Preschool Graduation Theme Idea: One Smart Cookie
One smart cookie is fun because it celebrates your preschool child’s smarts and it can be a fun play on words with Cookie Monster decorations and a cookie bar with different toppings and fillings kids can add to their cookies.
Great theme for kindergarten graduation or pre k graduation ceremony ideas.
Preschool Graduation Theme Idea: Only Going UP!
This preschool party graduation theme is centered around the movie Up and/or balloons. (These are perfect for this theme!)
And, you can think of some really cute preschool graduation activities for this theme – balloon toss, balloon races, and more.
Preschool Graduation Theme Idea: Too Cool for (Pre)School
This is a fun theme where you can use your imagination for “cool” items. Give guests sunglasses and fans (to stay cool!) and go all out with school decorations. Have small chalkboards and chalk as fun things to do at the tables. Guests of all ages will love these ideas for pre k graduation!
(This title doesn’t work well for ideas for kindergarten graduation, obviously.)
Most of these themes for graduation work for kindergarten celebration ideas, too! (If you have a fun graduation theme for kindergarten or preschool, let us know and we’ll add them to our graduation party list.)
Of course, you can always just have a regular old graduation party without a theme or just have a pre k graduation programs.
For small graduation programs for preschool, have your preschooler dress up in the caps and gown like this, have a small ceremony with speeches, and serve cake and punch.
Whatever theme you choose for your preschool graduation party, be sure to have lots of fun and celebrate your child’s accomplishments as part of your preschool graduation programs!
Preschool Graduation Photo Booth Ideas
Don’t forget about fun photo opps as part of your activities for graduation ceremony!
- Set up a fun photo booth backdrop that’s appropriate for preschooler’s graduation (like this for cute preschool graduation backdrop ideas). This photo cutout will also be a lot of fun for guest of all ages! (Best way to get everyone involved in preschool photo ideas!)
- Use fun graduation-themed props and dress up like tassels, graduation caps, diplomas, and more!
- If you have the time and resources, try making your own photo booth props with blown-up pictures of your preschooler or a cutout so people can have fun taking pictures with that too for a preschool promotion!
Preschool Graduation Party Games (Graduation Activities For Preschoolers & What To Do for Preschool Graduation)
Don’t forget to add in some fun graduation activities for preschool and up. I love these graduation preschool activities because older kids and adults will have fun with them, too!
How do preschoolers celebrate graduation?
- Pin the Tassel on the Graduation Cap
- Musical chairs (complete with prizes!)
- Freeze dance
- Water balloon toss
- Graduation crafts for preschoolers (great preschool graduation art projects for a variety of ages/stages and fun to add to your graduation craft ideas for preschool)
- Lawn bowling
- Graduation pinata
- Sack races and egg balance races
Graduation tip: Ask your kid graduation activities for kindergarten or preschool they’d like to do!
Preschool Graduation Party Food Ideas
- Mini pizzas with graduation caps on top
- Congratulations cookies
- Graduation cake pops
- Layered drinks in theme colors
- Mini sandwiches cut into graduation cap shapes
- Diploma sandwiches (meat, cheese, or vegetables rolled into a scroll and secured with green onion ties)
- Layered Jello cups (use your party theme colors)
- Colored popcorn
- Fun infused waters
DIY Preschool Graduation Gift Ideas and Preschool Graduation Keepsake Ideas
If you’re looking for ideas on how to celebrate your little one’s graduation from preschool, here are some fun and creative ideas to get you started! (Again, these work for theme for graduation ceremony for kindergarten gifts as well as DIY preschool graduation gifts, too.)
- Photo book of the child’s time in preschool, graduation program for preschool including fun facts about the child, or school year journal (I love these as homemade graduation gift ideas for preschoolers!)
- Kid Handprint or footprint plaque with the child’s name and graduation date (this is a cool kit to do your own preschool graduation art)
- Custom-made T-shirt or hat with the child’s name and graduation date (or make your own tshirts like this for crafts for preschool graduation)
- Picture frame with a photo of the child doing one of their favorite things from the year
- Small trophy or medal to commemorate the child’s graduation
- Growth chart with photos of the child at different ages
- Story book customized with their name
Whatever gift you choose, be sure to mark the occasion with a special celebration! Get the child’s friends and family together for a party filled with games, food, and fun. And don’t forget to take lots of pictures to commemorate this special day!
ALSO CHECK OUT: Last Day Of Homeschool Ideas: Creative End of Year Celebration Ideas
How To Have A Virtual Online Preschool Graduation
It may be necessary to have some or all of your guests online for a virtual graduation ceremony. An online graduation can still be lots of fun for everyone if you use these graduation program ideas for preschool online.
How do you do a virtual preschool graduation?
- Send out invitations to your friends and family letting them know that the graduation will be held online and the directions about connecting online.
- Invite everyone to be prepared to say something fun about the graduate. Ask them to have drinks, snacks, and cake or cupcake to enjoy at their own party.
- On the day, have everyone gather in a chat room or on a video call platform like Skype, FaceTime, or Zoom. Have a designated person (not you!) to help anyone out with any technical issues.
- Have a grad ceremony (just like you would in person)! Invite others to say something to the graduate.
- Play fun online games.
- Take screenshots for pictures of the graduation party.
- End the graduation by cutting a celebratory cake or opening presents together. (Ask everyone to have a cupcake of their choice ready for your preschool graduates cake cutting).
No matter how you choose to celebrate, sending out graduation invitations is a fun way to let your loved ones know about the upcoming event!
A graduation celebration doesn’t have to be a big event (unless you want it to be)!
You could simply have a small get together at your house with family and friends to celebrate your child’s accomplishments.
Have a few games, snacks, and maybe a small graduation craft for the kids to do.
Whatever you decide to do, be sure to make it special and unique to your child!
We’d love to hear your ideas for preschool graduation ceremony at home / graduation ideas for kindergarten!
After The Ideas For Preschool Graduation Party Also Check Out: Teaching Kindergarten at Home: Real Truth About Homeschooling Young Kids