Need last day of homeschool ideas? Looking for end of school year celebrations and activities? Check out these year end ideas (including distance learning end of year celebrations!). You can even create your own end-of-year rituals kindergarten and up — helpful if you’re wondering how do you make the last day of school special!
LAST DAY OF HOMESCHOOL IDEAS AND ACTIVITIES
End of school year is a big deal, even for homeschoolers. Don’t miss this time to honor your students and reflect on the past school year and make the last day of school memorable.
Here are ways to celebrate end of school year with your homeschoolers! (We’ve even included virtual end of year celebration ideas, too!)
How do you celebrate the end of the year?
Create happy end of year celebrations!
26 creative ideas for end of school year party:
- Give out an I survived homeschooling medal 2021 (especially after the past year!).
- Have kids create a Top 10 Homeschooling Moments Last Year list.
- Create a picture slide show video of things you did over the past year.
- Give achievement awards (and they can even be weird and wacky like Best Late Sleeper or Most Snacks Eaten).
- Create (or finish!) the portfolio of school work samples. Include personal comments and memories for each kid.
- Have kids write an end of school year party letter to parents, friends, or grandparents (or other important people in their lives).
- Give kids an evaluation checklist and allow them to not only evaluate their work and effort, but also evaluate you as the teacher!
- Print out pictures of the last year and let kids spent their last week creating a homeschool year scrapbook.
- Have the kids put on a play on something they learned about during the year.
- Play charades with facts you learned during the year.
- Make a summer bucket list.
- Create an online photo album where friends and family can share your child’s accomplishments and fun for the year.
- Make a memory board of pictures, sayings, and field trip visits.
- Have a year end scavenger hunt. Make the prizes something they can use during the summer. (see ideas below)
- Brainstorm some end of school party food ideas with your kids and make them together!
- Have a dance party.
- Host a board or video game day.
- Have an ice cream bar!
- Do a movie party, complete with flavored popcorn and movie snacks.
- Have a talent show.
- Play end of school year party games. (see party game ideas below)
- Create a photo booth with end of year props. (Don’t forget to take your year end pictures with this!)
- Have an end or year relay race or water fight!
- Create a summer school cone (instead of a back to school schultute). Fill it with items for summer. (see ideas below)
- Have a “graduating to the next level” ceremony. (Or, have a real homeschool graduation ceremony at home for your seniors!)
- Get an I Survived Homeschooling t-shirt.
THIS MIGHT ALSO HELP: How to get creative with end of year testing.
End of School Year Party Themes
Want to have a theme for your end of school year party? Try:
- Oh The Places You’ll Go! Seuss inspired party
- Around the World and learn about how kids around the world celebrate end of school year
- End of school year pool party, complete with beach and pool accessories
- Dress up like a favorite character you learned about this year
- Pajama Day
- Wacky Hair Day
- Classroom Camping
- Create Day (with art and music)
- Fair Day (complete with games and fair food!)
What about virtual end of the school year celebration ideas?
How do you celebrate end of year virtually?
If you teach online classes or had co-op online over the past year, you can still have a virtual end-of-year celebration!
Ways to celebrate end of school year virtually:
- Have a Zoom party (bonus if you send each student a small year end party pack or favor ahead of time)
- Create a digital yearbook or memory book for student autographs
- Give out virtual awards (and email them the award to print out if they want)
- Host a virtual field trip to a cool location
- Plan a surprise guest (like a local author) to speak to the students
- Play online games
- Have a trivia gameshow based on facts you learned over the last year
- Host a movie watch party
- Have a virtual scavenger hunt (grab a free printable here)
- Have students vote on fun categories for other students (makes us laugh the most, always helps others, etc.)
Almost any activity you do in person can also be fun last day of school activities distance learning!
Need end of the school year party ideas for favors and gifts for kids?
What do you give students at the end of the year?
Have a good end of year celebrations with some student gifts like:
- Sidewalk chalk
- See You Later Alligator treat bags with goodies
- Seeds and a small planting pot
- Summer journal
- Water balloons
- Mini pack of Lego bricks
- Friendship bracelet kits
- Tie dye kits: t-shirts and tie dye paint
- Water bottles
- Drawing pad and crayons or markers (my daughter loves these alcohol markers for drawing)
- Small string backpack to use while hiking or going to the park
- Nature books (to encourage outdoor play)
- Bird feeder or hummingbird feeder
- Gift bag with items to make their own bird feeder
- Small blow up balls/beach balls
- Single s’mores bags
- Fandex on birds or trees or flowers
End of School Year Party Games
Your fun end of school year party ideas should definitely include games for kids!
End of school party games ideas and end of school year party activities:
- Jeopardy (using lesson material from the past year)
- Sack races
- Outdoor or indoor obstacle course
- Egg toss
- Beanbag toss / cornhole
- Water balloon toss
- Flag football
- Hula hoop contest
- Extra large yard games!
How will you celebrate the last day of the school year with these end of school year classroom party ideas?