Need last day of homeschool ideas? Looking for end of school year celebrations and activities or fun things to do on the last day of school? Check out these year end ideas (including distance learning end of year celebrations!). You can even create your own end-of-year rituals kindergarten and up — helpful if you’re wondering how do you make the last day of school special!
LAST DAY OF HOMESCHOOL IDEAS AND ACTIVITIES
End of school year is a big deal, even for homeschoolers. Don’t miss this time to honor your students and reflect on the past school year and make the last day of school memorable by creating a happy last day of school! Here are ways to celebrate end of school year with your homeschoolers — whether last day of preschool or last day of homeschool ideas for high school. (We’ve even included virtual end of year celebration ideas, too!)
So, before you even think of last day of summer vacation, try these last day of school activities! You can even create your own last day of school traditions!
How do you celebrate the end of the year?
Create happy end of year celebrations with these last day of school celebration ideas and last day of school party ideas!
28 creative ideas for end of school year party and fun day at school:
- Give out an I survived homeschooling medal 2021 (especially after the past year!).
- Have kids create a Top 10 Homeschooling Moments Last Year list.
- Create a picture slide show video of things you did over the past year.
- Give achievement awards (and they can even be weird and wacky like Best Late Sleeper or Most Snacks Eaten).
- Create (or finish!) the portfolio of school work samples. Include personal comments and memories for each kid.
- Have kids write an end of school year party letter to parents, friends, or grandparents (or other important people in their lives).
- Give kids an evaluation checklist and allow them to not only evaluate their work and effort, but also evaluate you as the teacher!
- Print out pictures of the last year and let kids spent their last week creating a homeschool year scrapbook.
- Have the kids put on a play on something they learned about during the year.
- Play charades with facts you learned during the year.
- Make a summer bucket list.
- Do end of year art activities and create an online photo album where friends and family can share your child’s accomplishments and fun for the year.
- Make a memory board of pictures, sayings, and field trip visits.
- Have a year end scavenger hunt. Make the prizes something they can use during the summer. (see ideas below)
- Brainstorm some end of school party food ideas with your kids and make them together!
- Have a dance party.
- Host a board or video game day.
- Have an ice cream bar!
- Do a movie party, complete with flavored popcorn and movie snacks.
- Have a talent show.
- Play end of the school year party games. (see party game ideas below)
- Create a list of end of the homeschool year traditions that you’ll do every year (like making a homeschool yearbook).
- Paint with dandelions.
- Create a photo booth with end of year props or sidewalk chalk photos. (Don’t forget to take your year end pictures with this!)
- Have an end or year relay race or water fight!
- Create a summer school cone (instead of a back to school schultute). Fill it with items to take them all the way to the last day of summer. (see ideas below)
- Have a “graduating to the next level” ceremony. (Or, have a real homeschool graduation ceremony at home for your seniors!)
- Get an I Survived Homeschooling t-shirt.
KEEP SCROLLING for more ways to get creative with your end of school party ideas and school end of project celebration ideas!
THIS MIGHT ALSO HELP: How to get creative with end of year testing and make testing fun!
How do you finish the homeschool year strong?
- Set Goals: It is important to set goals for the end of the year, this will help you and your child stay focused on the tasks that need to be completed. Ensure that the goals are realistic and achievable.
- Create a Schedule: Create a schedule that outlines what needs to be done each day. This will help you stay organized and on track. Ensure that your schedule includes enough time for review, assessments, and any other tasks that need to be completed.
- Review and Assess: Review all the material that has been covered throughout the year and assess your child’s understanding of the material. This is where you will do your must do list – the end of year tasks for homeschool moms (like reporting, if you are required to do that). This step will also help you identify any areas where your child needs additional support or maybe things you can skip next year.
- Stay Motivated: Homeschooling can be challenging, especially towards the end of the year. It is important to stay motivated and encourage your child to stay motivated as well. Celebrate small victories and progress along the way.
- Hold Off On Planing for the Next Year: Reviewing the curriculum, assessing what worked well and what needs improvement, and making any necessary adjustments can wait a bit!
- Celebrate! It’s time to celebrate the end of the year and all that you’ve learned. (KEEP SCROLLING to get end-of-year ideas for homeschooling.
You may also be interested in: How To Catch Up In Homeschool Fast At End Of Year
How do you celebrate the last day of homeschooling?
End of School Year Party Themes
Want to have a theme for your end of school year party? Here’s how to make the last day of school special…
Try these school year end theme parties:
- Oh The Places You’ll Go! Seuss inspired party
- Around the World and learn about how kids around the world celebrate end of school year
- End of school year pool party, complete with beach and pool accessories
- Dress up like a favorite character you learned about this year
- Pajama Day
- Wacky Hair Day
- Classroom Camping
- Create Day (with art and music)
- Fair Day (complete with games and fair food!)
These work whether you’re looking for end of year kindergarten party ideas or high school graduation themes!
What about virtual end of the school year celebration ideas and how to celebrate the last day of school online?
How do you celebrate end of year virtually?
If you teach online classes or had co-op online over the past year, you can still have a virtual end-of-year celebration!
Ways to celebrate end of school year virtually and online last day of school ideas:
- Have a Zoom party (bonus if you send each student a small year end party pack or favor ahead of time)
- Create a digital yearbook or memory book for student autographs
- Give out virtual awards (and email them the award to print out if they want)
- Host a virtual field trip to a cool location
- Plan a surprise guest (like a local author) to speak to the students
- Play online games
- Have a trivia gameshow based on facts you learned over the last year
- Host a movie watch party
- Have a virtual scavenger hunt (grab a free printable here)
- Have students vote on fun categories for other students (makes us laugh the most, always helps others, etc.)
Almost any activity you do in person can also be fun last day of school activities distance learning! (I love that they can be adapted by age group, too, from last day of school activities high school, middle school or even elementary school or preschool activities!)
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
Now that you have some ideas on what to do on the last day of school, let’s talk end of year gifts for students, and end of the school year party ideas for favors and gifts for kids.
What do you give students at the end of the year?
How do you make the last day of school special? Have good end of year celebrations and last day of school fun days with student gifts!
How to make last day of school memorable:
- Sidewalk chalk
- See You Later Alligator treat bags with goodies
- Seeds and a small planting pot
- Summer journal
- Water balloons
- Mini pack of Lego bricks
- Friendship bracelet kits
- Tie dye kits: t-shirts and tie dye paint
- Water bottles
- Drawing pad and crayons or markers (my daughter loves these alcohol markers for drawing) – great for end of the year kindergarten crafts and for older kids!
- Small string backpack to use while hiking or going to the park
- Nature books (to encourage outdoor play)
- Bird feeder or hummingbird feeder
- Individual last day of school crafts bags
- Gift bag with items to make their own bird feeder
- Small blow up balls/beach balls
- Single s’mores bags
- Fandex on birds or trees or flowers
Fun Last Day of School Treats
How about making recipes for a last day of school activity or including fun last day of school snacks?
Here are our favorite last day of school treats for students:
- Red White Blue Drink
- Fruit In Water Recipes
- Dirt Pudding With Oreos
- Edible Ant Houses
- Dill Pickle Party Mix
- Colored Candy Popcorn
- Fun Layered Drinks
- Fruit Salad in a Waffle Cone
- Marshmallow Pops Dipped In Chocolate
- Chocolate Covered Brownie Bites
- Layered Jello Cups
- Spaghetti In a Hot Dog Bun
End of School Year Party Games
Your fun end of school year party ideas should definitely include games for kids!
End of school party games ideas and end of school year party activities:
- Jeopardy (using lesson material from the past year)
- Sack races
- Outdoor or indoor obstacle course
- Egg toss
- Beanbag toss / cornhole
- Water balloon toss
- Flag football
- Hula hoop contest
- Extra large yard games!
If you have favorite cool things to do on the last day of school, let us know and we’ll add them to our year-end activities list!
Download free summer printables for end of home school activities!
ALSO CHECK OUT THESE HOMESCHOOL GRADUATION IDEAS FOR YEAR END:
- Best Preschool Graduation Ideas (Fun Home Preschooler Graduation Guide)
- Middle School Graduation Ideas For Homeschool 8th Grade Grads
- Guide To Graduation High School Homeschool
- DIY Homeschool Graduation Guide
We hope you have fun with these ideas to help you celebrate the last day of school!
How will you celebrate the last day of the school year with end of school year classroom party ideas?