Here’s how to use Netflix Party and how to watch Netflix together while you’re stuck at home. This is a great way for families to connect and for kids to connect with their friends any time they are stuck at home. Here’s everything you need to know about netflix party how to use!
When stuck at home, hosting a watch party is a great way for your kids (or even you!) to feel connected with friends and family.
(And, you can find some of the best family movies on Netflix!)
Before we get to How can I watch online together and how to use Netflix party, let’s answer some basic questions:
What is Netflix Party?
Netflix Party is a free extension from the Chrome Browser. From the extension, you can watch Netflix movies, shows, and documentaries with a group of friends of family members in different locations.
How does Netflix Party work?
Netflix Party works by having one person start a Netflix show through the special Netflix Party Chrome Browser extension. A URL is assigned to your specific party for the show you’re watching. That URL is shared with the attendees who then join to watch at the same time. There is a text chat to communicate during the viewing.
If you’ve been wondering “How can I watch Netflix with friends?” this is it!
How To Watch Netflix Together
How do you set up a party on Netflix?
Here’s how to use Netflix party:
- From the Chrome Browser on your computer or laptop, go to netflixparty.com and click on the Install Netflix Party button. You will then be redirected to the Chrome Web Store.
- From the Chrome Web Store, click on “Add to Chrome” to finish installing the extension.
- From your laptop or computer, now open Netflix and log into your account. (All participants must have a current Netflix account.)
- Choose the movie or show you want to watch with the group and click play to start it.
- Now, create your watch party by clicking the red NP next to the address bar.
- Click START PARTY and copy the URL of the party. Copy the URL and then text or share it with your friends.
- To join the party, your friends should click on the party URL. This will redirect them to the Netflix website where they will click on the NP icon next to the address bar.
Do you need Netflix to join a Netflix party?
Yes. Each Netflix Party participant needs a valid Netflix account. One person will start the party, but all other attendees need a Netflix account (or a family/multiple users on one account) and will join through their Netflix account.
Can you talk on Netflix Party?
Netflix Party has a scrolling chat that appears next to the screen. You can type into the chat, but you cannot voice chat.
Is Netflix Party safe to use?
If you have Google’s Family Link service, you will not be able to download the Netflix Party extension because it does not allow extension downloads. You will need to download the standard version of Chrome.
Does Netflix Party work on phones?
Can you use Netflix party on iPhone?
You cannot currently use the Netflix Party app extension on iPhone or Android. You must use Netflix Party through the Chrome Browser extension on a computer or laptop (Mac and PC).
Can you do Netflix party on iPad?
You cannot currently use the Netflix Party app extension on iPad. You must use Netflix Party through the Chrome Browser extension on a computer or laptop (Mac and PC).
Is Netflix free with Amazon Prime?
Netflix and Amazon Prime are two separate platforms and have nothing to do with each other. To use Netflix Party, you must have a Netflix account. However, there are other third party apps and services that would allow you to host a watch party.
Is there a Netflix Party for Hulu?
There’s no Hulu app or extension that is like Netflix Party app. You cannot stream a watch party on Hulu like you can for Netflix. There are other third party apps and services that would allow you to host a watch party that are a Netflix Party alternative.
Have you learned how to use Netflix Party in your family?