Need best gifts for homeschool moms or unique gifts for moms who have everything? Whether you need super special Christmas gifts for busy homeschooling moms, homeschool teacher appreciation gifts, Mother’s Day gift ideas, Christmas gifts for second mom, or a just because homeschool mama present, you’ll find homeschool gift ideas for every occasion here!
Best Gifts for Homeschool Moms
Here’s our ultimate gift guide for homeschool moms when you need to check off gifts from that homeschool mom wishlist!
What should I get my mom for homeschooling?
Great Gifts For Home School Mom:
- Journals or planners
- Meal subscription kit
- Homeschool Mom tshirts
- Gift cards
- Fun kitchen gadgets to use while homeschool cooking
- Fuzzy blanket and a homeschool book
- Amazon Prime Membership
- Magnetic calendar or wall planner
- Convention or conference tickets
- Library tote or good field trip purse
- Cool wall map or world globe
- Classroom supplies
- Travel mug with favorite coffees, hot chocolate, or teas
- Oil diffuser and essential oils
- Rolling metal storage kit
- Cricut Machine (if you have a homeschool coop teacher, have the group pitch in for this!)
- Night or weekend away (alone!) at a hotel or AirBnB
(Keep scrolling for the full homeschool mom gifts ideas and perfect gifts for homeschooling moms!)
What are the best gifts for moms Christmas?
Creative gift for homeschool mom:
- Comfort Items
- MEANINGFUL Health and Beauty Gifts
- Something Fun to Play With
- Something AMAZING to Wear (be sure to follow these tips so you don’t mess this one up)
- Something to Help Make Her Life Easier
- Something Handmade
- An Experience
- Homeschool Mom Gift To Use For Homeschooling (and help them with how can I be a better homeschool mom)
(See the full list of mom gift ideas and best gifts for homeschool mom in your life below!)
If the mom in your life is like most moms, we’re so used to thinking of everyone else that it’s HARD to come up with holiday presents for ourselves, right?
We really don’t want anymore clutter or knick-knacks or…things.
We want useful gifts for mom or homeschooling mom gifts that we really need, not just something to add to our stash of already overflowing closets or cabinets.
I’m just to a point where I don’t want stuff just for the sake of getting a gift for the holidays. I want Christmas presents for parent that are meaningful or useful! (And, my bet is the mom in your life want holiday gifts like that, too!)
So, what can I REALLY use that won’t just count as more stuff and be a great gift homeschool idea?
Affiliate links are used on this site. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please refer to our Disclosure.
42+ Christmas Gifts for Mom Who Has Everything or Homeschool Gift Ideas for Any Time of Year!
Here are our best Christmas wish list ideas for mothers and gifts for homeschool moms.
What to get a mom for Christmas who homeschools…
Gift Idea #1: Comfort Items
Moms are really awesome at comforting everyone else, but often pretty lousy at taking care of ourselves.
Probably because most often moms prioritize ourselves LAST.
(You know it’s true…)
If you want to wow your mama for the holidays, get her something comforting.
It sounds weird, but one of my two gift wishlist items was a weighted blanket.
It’s a comfort item that moms will love when they’re snuggling down during colder weather and encourage them to give themselves down time.
Great for homeschooling Christmas ideas for moms with special needs!
GIFT TIP: If your mama has joint issues, fibromyalgia, or other health issues where she has pain, go for the lighter weighted blanket. My husband got me a heavy one and, although I love it, when I’m having joint flare-up pain, I find the heaviness of that blanket to be a little painful.
Other comfort ideas for unique Christmas gifts for mom include:
• Shiatsu Foot Massager (I got one of these one year and LOVED it!) — they even have them with heat now!
• Skip the best homeschool mom mug and instead go for: Tea Variety Gift Box (or coffee of month club), a fun mug, this Zeppoli Electric Kettle (BPA Free) Fast Boiling Glass Tea Kettle, Hydro Flask insulated water bottle, or a temperature control Smart Mug, and a couple of good books.
(You can see bestsellers so far for the year here to get some book ideas.)
THEN, give her some alone time to read (WITHOUT making her feel guilty!).
• Contour Flip Pillow for working, planning homeschool schedules, and reading in bed!
• Oil Diffuser : If your mom is into that or she’s been talking about it, get her an oil diffuser! (Also, check out this GORGEOUS Essential Oil Diffuser Bracelet for Aromatherapy!)
• Kindle Oasis is a great comfort item because it is a waterproof reader and mom can use it in a bubble bath! You can even put together a whole spa/bath themed basket with the Kindle Oasis and a comfy robe.
(I love this for nerdy mom gifts!)
You can take the spa theme to a whole new level and even install a Rain Showerhead for her, too!
And, while you’re at it, why not add some amazing headphones so she can REALLY block out EVERYTHING and relax?
GIFT TIP: I got these one year and they have been one of my all-time favorite gifts that I swore I didn’t need until I had them!
For this category, think me time ideas for moms, gifts for exhausted moms, or homeschool mama self-care.
Gift Idea #2: MEANINGFUL Health and Beauty Gifts for Homeschoolers
Forget just grabbing a random lip balm to stuff in her stocking this year.
Moms today are as concerned with what they put ON their body as what they put IN their body.
Some of my new favorite stuff comes from Unsoaped, a company that does “uncomplicated body care.”
Personally, I LOVE their Unlotion, which is a lotion BAR (that looks like a soap bar).
It is some of the best “lotion” products that I’ve ever used and, when I traveled recently, I was able to carry the small lotion right through security with no issues.
My daughter has a lot of eczema issues and their Unsoaped bars have really helped.
The bars are exfoliants and pure butter moisturizers in one step and her skin is SUPER smooth and soft after.
(They also have some lip scrub that I haven’t tried yet, but plan on ordering soon.)
I’m a huge fan of their Untangle Your Tinsel scent which is a little pepperminty to me. I hope they continue to carry it after the holidays, but grab that scent just in case it’s for a limited time! It’s included in one of their gift boxes, too, so the mom in your life can try out multiple products.
GIFT TIP: Sign up for their newsletter! You’ll get 15% OFF your order! Great gifts for mom teacher!
Gift Idea #3: Something Fun to Play With
Moms just wanna have fun too, yo. And, homeschooling gifts for moms don’t need to be all serious.
We like playing and creating and having fun too, so don’t rule out fun, creative things as presents.
One gift that might be cool for the moms on your list is this Wireless Mobile Photo Mini Printer.
(This is another gifts for nerdy moms that moms will love!)
It’s compatible with IOS and Android phones and allows the mom to print off some of those thousands of photos she takes — and she can do it RIGHT FROM HER PHONE.
(So, cool. I know. This may now be on my list of home schooling gifts, too!)
• If your mama is less techy and more touchy, how about this beautiful Hagestad Yarn Bowl for Knitting & Crocheting and some beautiful, expensive yarn that she may never buy herself?
(That bowl is more like a work of art than something useful, right? Super cool idea for homeschool gifts or gifts for simple mom!)
Other Christmas Gifts for Mom To Play With:
(What? I looooove our Nintendo Switch and have a lot of fun with it! I love gaming consoles as gifts for gifts for stay at home moms!)
• Unicorn Head Squirrel Feeder. If you have a mom who loves animals, then this Unicorn head squirrel feeder will provide HOURS of entertainment (and laughs!) for her!
• Empower Poster Craft Kit . (I found this very inspirational and motivational! And, we did it as a mother-daughter gift and it provided a lot of discussion points, too. Thumbs up for this gift!)
Also consider hobby specific gift ideas based on individual mothers.
Gift Idea #4: Something AMAZING to Wear
Clothes are hard to buy for women. Unless she directs you to something very specific AND tells you the size, then do a HARD PASS on trying to buy that mama on your list some clothing.
You do something that is timeless or that works for everyone.
(UGH. I know, right?)
Here are some ways you can do that:
A couple of years ago I received a Double Sided Shawl.
Now, I’m not really a shawl/cape/wrap person, so I was kinda meh about that Christmas gift for mom.
I don’t like wearing a coat in the winter.
It’s too bulky and I’m in and out of the car all day running my kid to different events, so this ended up being the perfect home schooling gift!
One day, I grabbed the shawl on the way out and realized I LOVED IT.
I mean, like, REALLLLLLY loved it.
It goes with every outfit (casual or dressy) and is lightweight enough for the car, but warm enough for cold wind.
In fact, I loved it so much that I even bought another one (plain gray with faux fur trim this time) for myself!
The great thing about a shawl is that they look fantastic on everyone and you don’t even need to know her size because they’re one size fits most!
Great homeschooling gift ideas — even gifts for sporty moms who are running between homeschooling and working out!
Stitch Fix Gift
Another clothing thing that I’ve been doing lately is Stitch Fix and it’s REALLY stepped up my “mom uniform” game.
Each month (or every other month or every 3 months–you choose), you get a box of clothes based on a profile that you complete when you sign up.
If you don’t like any pieces, you send them back and pay nothing (except the small designer fee).
I’ve been doing it for months now and have kept something from almost every single box I’ve received!
I think they do a great job of listening to your preferences and making changes based on the feedback you give them for each box.
(Unlike some other monthly shoe or clothing subscriptions I’ve tried.)
You can sign your favorite mom up for one month (or more) as a gift and see what she thinks!
Makes fun homeschool teacher gifts!
GIFT TIP: If you use my Stitch Fix link, the homeschool mama on your list can get a $25 credit on her first order!
Homeschool Mom T-shirts
If she’s a homeschooling mom, she’ll love some cute homeschooling t-shirts!
Gift Idea #5: Something to Help Make Her Life Easier
Look, anytime you can make life easier for a busy mom you’re going to be on her favorite list.
And, for most of us, one of the BEST ways to make our lives easier is to get us something that helps out at home.
Hands down, one of THE BEST ALL TIME GIFTS that I EVER received was the iRobot Roomba Robot Vacuum.
It is a pricey gift, but I guarantee you that if you add up all the little things here and there that you buy for mom, it will come close to the cost of this vacuum.
(Or, pool resources from a few family members to get it for her!)
The fantastic thing about the Roomba vac is that it works well on hardwoods AND carpet (or a mix!).
And, it even works when you have pets.
(We have two cats and two dogs who shed A LOT and it even tackled all that hair with no problem!)
It also helps mom because she can program it to work while she sleeps. That way, when she gets up in the morning, the floor is one less thing she has to take care of for the day!
So, if you’re looking for one, big, bang-for-your-buck present for mom, the iRobot Roomba is definitely it.
You’ll be on her favorites list FOREVER.
(Great presents for stay at home moms or working moms — aka: best gifts for a busy mom!)
Online Services to Make Life Easier
Services where mom can easily order up help with the house or groceries are life savers (and time savers and energy savers) for moms!
Best gifts for homeschool families:
- Housekeeping and Home Services
- Grocery orders online
- Groceries delivery gift card
- Pet walking gift card
- Professional dry cleaning gift cards (for clothes or for carpet at home services!)
- Gift cards to local restaurants (so they can order out on a busy night)
- Meal service kits / meal delivery services / meal plan subscription
- General gift cards (Visa, etc.) to be used for groceries, bill paying, paying for homeschool classes, etc.
Any of these are a great Christmas gift for stay at home mom, best gifts for work from home moms, or homeschooling working mothers!
They’re also great for single parents, gifts for overwhelmed moms, new homeschooling moms, gifts for struggling moms, and gifts for mom who lives alone and juggles a lot on a daily basis!
These are simple gifts but really helpful gifts for a mom and ones any homeschoolmom will love!
Other gifts to help make mom’s life easier:
The Ring Doorbell is a great addition to any home and will give that mom in your life peace of mind, especially if she spends time at home alone with the kids.
She may not be that excited t first when she first gets this gift. However, once she realizes you can see who is at your door and even speak to them through a speaker and check on your home when you’re not there, she’ll love it.
• Closet Organizer System — but don’t just GET her a closet organizer system, install it for her when she is out for the day and organize her closet.
Or, do the kids’ closets. She’ll LOVE it!
• Monthly (or Weekly) Meal service box (like Blue Apron)
• Do Not Forget Door Knob Organizer – a super simple (AND SUPER CHEAP) way for mom to put everything she needs in one place to grab when running out the door in the morning like keys, phone, charger, notes, etc.
(Best gifts for a working mom and if the home school mom does a lot of outside the house activities.)
• Compact Tech Kit. A tech kit with extra charging cords, charger, and MORE is a great gift that mom can throw in her purse, car, or bag for tech emergencies.
• Zipit Bedding. This is equally for mom and child. If a kid can zip a zipper, they can make their own bed with Zipit bedding.
And, anything that helps with keeping a kid’s room clean, us mamas are ALL IN and make great gift ideas for busy parents!
Gift Idea #6: Something Handmade
Let’s just say it:
Most moms are suckers for something handmade, but the non-stop art projects can get overwhelming.
So, be mindful of the handmade items you’re making for mom.
Try a knit or crocheted blanket, a personalized quilt, or a set of pictures with these awesome quick change picture frames where she can quickly and easily change out photos or artwork du jour.
You can even make some cool, personalized pieces that stay out during the holidays, but then are put away most of the year to reduce the clutter.
You can even tailor your homeschool mom ornament to include different events you did throughout the year!
(We did this for a beach trip and it’s one of my favorite ornaments to put on the tree each year!)
Gift Idea #7: An Experience
Trust me when I say that most moms will appreciate an “experience” more than a physical gift.
What do I mean by “experience”?
An experience is something that mom can do and cherish the memories, instead of just another “thing” for her or the house.
For example, maybe the mom on your list has always wanted to go on a hot air balloon ride? So, you purchase and arrange a ride for her.
It’s an experience that ticks something off her bucket list and that she will remember forever!
(Really step it up by hiring a professional photographer to photograph her while she completes her bucket list experience!)
Here are some ways you can help that mom on your list have an experience:
• Give her an Airbnb Gift Card and let her have a peaceful weekend away… ALONE!
• How about an Airline Gift Card and let her plan a trip?
• Surprise her with an awesome Bed and Breakfast Experience
• Make some fun family time coupons!
Gift Idea #8: Best Gifts For Homeschooling Moms
The best gift for homeschool mom may be something that helps them with homeschooling!
If you need gifts for the homeschool mom in your life that will make home school easier, try these special presents for mom teacher.
You can even put together a homeschooling gift basket with these suggestions and gift ideas homeschool mom!
Best gift ideas for homeschool moms:
- Huge pack of Ticonderoga pencils
- Felt tip markers
- Good pens (every homeschooler has a homeschool mom pin she loves! Find out what it is!)
- Box of homeschool supplies
- Kindle Unlimited Subscription
- Audible subscription
- Sturdy library tote (and fill it with homeschool books for moms!)
- Best books for homeschooling moms (books with tips for homeschooling mom)
- Mini Post-Its Notes multi pack
- Paper trimmer
- A best planner for homeschooling mom (great gifts for organized moms)
- Book binding machine
- Best printer for homeschool family
- Rolling cart organizer (great if you’re looking for organization gifts for mom!)
Let us know what we missed on the best homeschool mom gifts, books for the homeschool mom, and best gift for a busy mom!
Need more extra-special gifts for a homeschool mom? Here are even more gifts for homeschool moms that she will love!
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDES NEXT:
GIFT IDEAS FOR BOOK LOVERS (great gifts for moms who love to read and great presents to go with the best books for homeschool moms!)
BEST HOMESCHOOL BOOKS FOR MOM
See all of the Christmas Gift Guides here (other gift for mom useful ideas / appreciation gifts for parents!)
What’s your favorite present for stay at home mom who homeschools, working home school mom, gifts for extra special parents friends, room mom gifts from teachers and homeschool co-op, and ideas for things she won’t buy for herself?