Clutter free gift ideas when you’re wondering, What do you give kids that have everything? Whether it be a experience gift for two year-old or best gifts for minimalist parents to share with children, we have present ideas and awesome ideas for consumable gifts.
BEST CLUTTER FREE GIFT IDEAS FOR KIDS
The best gifts for kids who have everything are consumable gifts.
What are consumable gifts?
Consumable gifts are presents that are given to someone based on things that are experienced or gifts that can be almost all used up so that it doesn’t clutter up a home or leave behind a lot of things.
Examples of consumable gifts include:
- Family membership to a local museum
- Tickets to a theater production/play
- Gift card to a favorite restaurant
- Online books
- Coloring books
- Outdoor/nature hike scavenger hunt
- Escape Room gift card
- Craft Kits
- Homemade Cookies
- DIY hot chocolate bar kit
- Art Supplies
- Fairy Garden Kit
- Grow Your Own Herb Garden Kit
Clutter Free Gift Guide
What do you give kids that have everything?
What are good clutter free gifts for kids?
What can you do instead of gifts?
Clutter Free and Minimalist Gift Ideas:
- Online Games
- Growing Gifts
- Art and Craft Supplies
- Subscription Boxes
- Digital Movie Night Box
- Online Class or Courses
See explanations and more ideas for these clutter free Christmas gifts below!
BEST CLUTTER FREE GIFTS FOR FAMILY & KIDS
These are clutter free gifts for toddlers, kids, teens, mom, grandparents … or gifts for anyone in the family!
Experiences, or things kids can do / families can do together, are great gifts because they give the family great memories, but don’t add clutter or take up any room in your house!
Experience gift ideas include:
- Movie theater tickets
- Pottery or painting class
- Indoor water park tickets
- Overnight stay at a hotel or AirBnB
- Sports tickets
- Bounce house tickets
- Miniature golf gift certificate
Memberships are a little more expensive, but if you have multiple kids to buy gifts for, then it might be worth it just to gift them a family membership.
Memberships are great, also, because it’s a way that kids can keep learning and creating memories for an entire year!
Membership gift ideas include:
- Membership to a local museum
- Membership to the YMCA
- Membership to local zoo or aquarium
- Amazon Prime Membership where they can read books, watch movies, and get discounts on purchases
OR, anything else that is close to where the family lives that would be fun!
Giving Back Gifts
Giving back gifts, or doing something to help others, is a great way to get kids and families involved in helping others (and still have fun doing it!). PLUS, the things they make are given to others and not left to clutter up their house!
- Put together a box of fleece material that kids can use to make no-sew scarves or blankets for shelters, nursing homes, or blankets for animal shelters (with directions on how to make them)
- Give everything kids need to make kindness rocks
- Create a box filled with creating cards and art supplies where kids can make cards to send to children’s hospitals or nursing homes (or friends and family!)
If the kids have a Switch, Xbox, PS4 (or whatever) think about gifting them an online game that “lives” on their gaming console (and they won’t have a lot of game cartridges and packaging to keep track of!).
Growing gifts are perfect for kids who have everything. These presents don’t produce leftover clutter, but the gifts inspire responsibility (in taking care of something) and in the end kids can eat what they’ve grown (like herbs or vegetables), give it away (like flowers), or transplant it outside (like a tree).
Growing and gardening gifts for children:
Art and Craft Supplies
However, art and craft kits make great gifts because kids eventually use them up (to create amazing things!) and then they no longer take up space in your house!
(Encourage your kids to give away the creations they make or you can grab one of these easy change frames to regularly replace the artwork!)
Food gifts are the best consumable gifts because kids can actually consume the gifts in the best sense possible! (Eating!)
Food gifts are easy because you can make your own to gift (cookies, candy, hot chocolate mixes, etc.) or you can find cool food-related gifts to purchase.
- Cooking box subscription
- DIY cookie or cupcake decorating kit
- Gift certificate to a fun restaurant
- Foods from around the world gift box
Subscription boxes are one of my favorite consumable / minimalist kids gift ideas (especially for kids who have everything!).
Kids can get a monthly box club (or every other month, or whatever you decide) and enjoy a different experience with each box.
We’ve done a TON of different boxes and some of our favorites include:
- Cratejoy (variety)
- Little Passports World Edition
- Up & Away Adventures (around the world)
- Highlights Puzzle Club
Online Books or Audio Books
Do the kids on your gift list love to read but you don’t want to add physical books to their clutter?
Or, try a gift a membership to the awesome Vooks (video books) platform that brings books to life for kids of all ages!
Digital Movie Night Box
Have a movie kid on your gift giving list?
Make up a movie night box!
- Netflix, Disney+, or Hulu Membership code or gift card
- Popcorn and popcorn flavorings (BIG bonus if you include this small, movie style popcorn maker!)
- Movie candies
Want to tailor a movie gift for each member of the family? Fill these cute, reusable popcorn containers with each person’s favorite candies and popcorn topping flavors!
Online Class or Courses
Want to give a fun learning resource for your homeschool families or to help with school at home? Try online learning programs or online courses.
- NightZookeper, a SUPER fun online writing and grammar program (including game!) – GET 50% OF AN ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION WITH OUR CODE!
- Great Courses Plus, which provides courses on almost any topic imaginable