These 100th day project ideas work for fun 100th day of school project ideas for kindergarten – 1st grade and up. They are great for school classroom ideas or hundred day school project ideas for students in homeschool! Huge list of 100 day project examples — from activities to 100th day of school poster project ideas to what to wear for Day 100 and more!
Creative 100th Day Project Ideas For Kids and Classroom
Add these to your 100th day of school lesson plans and 100 day activity ideas — all centered around 100 items! We’ll start with some of our favorite 100 days project ideas for kids, but don’t miss the rest below!
What should I do for a 100 day project?
What can I do for the 100th day of school?
- Use 100 things for 100th day of school art project ideas
- Create a time capsule to bury and open on the next 100th day of school.
- Make a list of 100 things you’ve learned so far this year.
- Play 100th day of school games.
- Create a 100 buttons tree.
- Make a 100th day of school headband.
- Wear 100 barrettes in your hair or 100 stickers on a hat or shirt.
- Plan 100 acts of kindness to do in the next 100 days.
- Design and create a mosaic using 100 small objects or pieces of paper.
- Make a 100 handprints poster. (I love this for a 100 days of school art activity for school, class or homeschool co-op!)
- Create a 100 days sensory bin as part of 100 day of school center activities.
- Pin 100 buttons with funny sayings on a backpack or shirt.
- Write 100 things you’re grateful for on slips of paper and put them in a jar. Read them at the end of the year.
- Make a list of 100 goals for the rest of the school year.
- Create a list of 100 books to read.
- Organize a 100-item food drive for a local food bank as part of your project ideas school or homeschool.
- Plan a 100th day of school party with 100 theme decorations.
- Write and perform a play about what you’ve learned in the first 100 days of school.
- Create a 100-page scrapbook of all the events and activities from the first 100 days of school.
- Design and create a quilt using 100 fabric squares.
- Write and illustrate a book about the first 100 days of school.
KEEP SCROLLING to see the full list of 100 day project ideas! (Don’t miss our 100 day project examples for themes or ideas for 100 day shirt at the bottom!)
If you’re new to this, you may be wondering what is the big deal about the 100th day of school or what is 100 days of school project?
What is the 100th day of the school year?
The 100th day of school marks a milestone for the halfway point of the academic year. It is usually celebrated with various activities centered around the number 100. Students can create 100 day projects, wear 100th day theme shirts or cloths with 100 objects on them, or make 100th day crafts.
Celebrating this day is a fun way to recognize how far students have come and to look forward to the future!
It’s also a great opportunity to review concepts they’ve learned, like counting to 100 and basic math skills.
How do you count 100th day of school?
Start counting the very first day of school and count out to the 100th school day (excluding weekends). That’s the one hundredth day of school that you will celebrate your 100th day of school ideas! The 100th day of school usually falls sometime in February or March, depending on when you start school.
100th Day of Homeschool
If you homeschool, it doesn’t mean that you can’t celebrate your 100th school day!
By celebrating the 100th day of school, you recognize and celebrate your progress so far. It also gives you time reflect on was and wasn’t working and make changes.
It’s an opportunity to reflect on where we’ve been, but also an opportunity to look forward to what lies ahead.
Plus, it’s just plain fun to come up with a 100 day project idea for homeschooling! (Think of all the cool things you’ve done in 100 days!)
Whether you celebrate in-person or virtually, this milestone marks a special moment. Take the time to appreciate it!
Keep reading for hundred day project ideas and how to have a happy 100th day of school!
ALSO CHECK OUT THESE IDEAS FOR A FEBRUARY ACTIVITY CALENDAR
Best 100th Day Of School Project Ideas
Here are unique 100th day of school project ideas…
What are some project ideas for school on the hundredth day?
- Organize a 100-lap walking marathon to raise money for a charitable cause in the community.
- Plan a treasure hunt with 100 clues and fun prizes.
- Write and perform a 100-word rap or song about the first 100 days of school.
- Create a 100-piece puzzle — bonus if you make your own with this!
- Make a list of 100 words that start with each letter of the alphabet.
- Design and create a game with 100 challenges, board spaces (get a game board set here), or levels.
- Write and perform a 100-line poem about the first 100 days of school.
- Make a list of 100 questions to ask family members or friends and create a book.
- Have a 100th day of school talent show.
- Do a 100 day art projects with 100 handprints on a wall or on a collage.
- Let all the students decorate and wear a 100th day cape.
- Create a music playlist of 100 fun songs and have a 100th day celebration dance party.
- Create a collage of 100 words that describe the first 100 days of school using something like this (or make a motivation poster like this with 100 words and images).
- Make a 100 things to do bucket list (use this cool wall poster!).
- Make a list of 100 jokes to share with each other.
- Have a 100th day of school book drive and get 100 books for kids in need.
- Make 100 friendship bracelets and hand them out to friends, family, or even strangers!
- Make a list of 100 things you would like to learn in the next 100 days of school.
- Have a 100th day of carnival in the backyard or park.
- Start 100 flower or vegetable seeds that you can plant outdoors later.
- Collect 100 pairs of new socks to give to a local shelter.
- Get magic wish paper like this and send up 100 wishes.
- Make and wear 100 glasses. (Use these fun kits.)
- Write and perform a 100-line skit about the first 100 days of school.
- Make a list of 100 famous people you admire and why.
- Do a 100 day Lego project where you add one Lego a day until the 100th day of school.
- Paint 100 kindness rocks to place around the community or school.
- Decorate and wear 100 Day crowns like this. (Great alternative to 100th day hat ideas.)
- Have a 100th day of obstacle course or backyard challenge games.
- Make a list of 100 ways to make the world a better place.
- Plan and execute a 100th day of school bake sale and donate the proceeds to a local charity.
- Use the day to start 100 days of adventures. (Use THIS BOOK for ideas!)
100 Days Of School Poster Ideas
One Hundred Day posters are great for these celebrations because you can have kids work on them collaboratively or they can be individual projects (or both!) and there’s a huge range of 100th day of school projects ideas themes you can use.
TIP: A long roll of art paper like this is great for working a large collaborative poster or collage.
Here are creative poster ideas for school projects for 100 days / 100 days of school poster board ideas…
100 Days Poster Ideas For Kids
100 Days Smarter
This poster could feature a picture of a graduation cap with the number 100 on it, along with some fun facts about what students have learned over the past 100 days.
100 Days Of Fun
This poster could showcase a variety of different activities and events that students have enjoyed during the 100 days of school. Cut and paste pictures, use words, or quotes to create a 100 days of fun poster.
100 Days Of Friendship
This poster could feature a collage of pictures showing students making new friends, hanging together with old friends, and bonding over the 100 days. It can also include words about quotes about friendship.
100 Days Of Growth
This poster is fun if you want to do a digital poster or online project. It could include a time-lapse sequence showing students physically growing over the course of the 100 days or it could feature pictures of students learning new skills and knowledge during that time.
100 Days Of Celebration
This poster could feature pictures of students celebrating their achievements and milestones over the 100 days of school.
100 Days Of Creativity
This poster could showcase a variety of different art projects or other creative endeavors that students have completed over the 100 days.
100 Days Of Teamwork
This poster could feature pictures of students working together in group projects or activities or things your family has done to help in the community over the last hundred days.
100 Days Of Kindness
This poster could highlight acts of kindness that students have performed for each other over the 100 days.
100 Days Of Reading
This poster could feature a list of 100 books that students have read over the 100 days, or could highlight reading milestones such as the number of pages read, favorite quotes, a collage of book covers, and more.
100 Days Of Adventure
This poster could showcase field trips, park visits, road trips, or other adventures that students have gone on over those 100 days.
100 Days Of Discovery
This poster could highlight favorite new things that students have learned or discovered over the 100 days. (Bonus points: it lets you know what kids are loving so you can add more of that to your learning!)
100 Days Of Sports
This poster could feature pictures of students participating in sports or physical activities over the 100 days. You can also use it to start tracking 100 days (or minutes) of physical movement.
100 Days Of Music
This poster could showcase musical performances, favorite songs, or music accomplishments that students have achieved over the 100 days.
100 Days Of Leadership
This poster could feature pictures of students taking on leadership roles or responsibilities over the 100 days.
100 Days Of Service
This poster could highlight ways in which students have given back to their communities over the 100 days. (This is one of our family’s favorite 100 days activities ideas!)
100 Days Of Creativity
This poster could feature a collage of different art projects or other creative works that students have completed over the 100 days.
100 Days Of Excellence
This poster could showcase students’ best work or accomplishments over the 100 days.
100 Days Of Learning
This poster could feature a list of 100 things that students have learned over the 100 days. I love this one because it really does make you reflect on what you’ve learned. (You’ll be surprised!)
We’d love to hear what you’ve had for 100th day of school poster project ideas and we’ll add them to our list!
READ THIS NEXT: Last Day Of School Ideas – Creative End of Year Celebrations
100 Days of School Shirt Ideas or 100th Day Theme Ideas
Use these for 100th day of school ideas – dress up ideas or even 100th day theme party ideas. Great for 100 days kindergarten projects and up – even older kids!
- 100 Days Smarter
- I Survived the First 100 Days
- 100 Days of Awesomeness
- 100 Days of Learning and Growing
- 100 Days Closer to Graduation
- 100 Days of Friendship and Fun
- 100 Days of Knowledge and Creativity
- 100 Days of Making a Difference
- 100 Days of Hard Work
- 100 Days of Being the Best I Can Be
- 100 Days of Achieving Goals
- 100 Days of Being Thankful
- 100 Days of Being Kind and Respectful
- 100 Days of Being a Leader
- 100 Days of Being a Team Player
- 100 Days of Being Confident and Strong
- 100 Days of Being a Problem Solver
- 100 Days of Being Resourceful
- 100 Days of Being Innovative
- 100 Days of Being Creative
- 100 Days of Being a Risk Taker
- 100 Days of Being Open to New Ideas
- 100 Days of Being Curious
- 100 Days of Being Passionate
- 100 Days of Being Determined
- 100 Days of Being Focused
- 100 Days of Being Disciplined
- 100 Days of Being Organized
- 100 Days of Being Responsible
- 100 Days of Being Accountable
- 100 Days of Being Reliable
- 100 Days of Being a Good Listener
- 100 Days of Being a Good Communicator
- 100 Days of Being a Good Friend
- 100 Days of Being a Good Citizen
- 100 Days of Being a Good Role Model
- 100 Days of Being a Good Samaritan
- 100 Days of Being a Good Steward of the Environment
- 100 Days of Being a Good Person for My Community
Happy 100th day of school! Whatever activities you choose to do, the 100th day of school is a fun and memorable moment for everyone!