These Hocus Pocus coloring pages and Hocus Pocus kids activities are fun for your Halloween lessons, Hocus Pocus theme party, or even if you’re hosting a family movie watching night! Have fun with Hocus Pocus activity resources, including a free printable coloring sheets pack!
FUN KIDS HOCUS POCUS IDEAS AND HOCUS POCUS COLORING PAGES PACK
Hocus Pocus is a great theme for kids’ parties, Halloween celebrations / Halloween activities, or fun family activities for movie night! Use these movie-inspired activities for lesson plans, classroom parties, or family fun at home!
Hocus Pocus Kids Activities
- Dress as your favorite Hocus Pocus characters (The Sanderson Sisters) and put on a Hocus Pocus play.
- Make your own magic wands using construction paper, glitter, and ribbon.
- Create a witch’s bubbling cauldron effect by adding dry ice to a bowl of warm water or Mentos in Coke (do this outside!).
- Make fun Hocus Pocus Halloween crafts / paper plate crafts.
- Cook Hocus Pocus themed recipes.
- Make Hocus Pocus art by painting the Sanderson Sisters hair (finger paints and glitter will be fun with this!).
- Have a HocusPocus themed pumpkin decorating contest.
- Play Hocus Pocus games (see list below).
- Set up a Hocus Pocus treasure hunt using quotes from the Hocus Pocus movie as clues. (For example, “I smell children” could be a to find the next clue in the child’s room.)
- Play “pin the nose on the witch” or other witch-themed games.
- Have a dance party with the Hocus Pocus music movie soundtrack.
- Search Hocus Pocus kids activities near me to see if there’s local fun for this theme!
Don’t miss the free Hocus Pocus coloring pages download after the Hocus Pocus activity ideas. KEEP SCROLLING for more Hocus Pocus teaching resources, fun Hocus Pocus craft ideas, and Hocus Pocus games!
If you’re not familiar with the movie, you may be wondering…
What is Hocus Pocus about?
Hocus Pocus is a movie about the Sanderson Sisters witches who are resurrected on Halloween night after being executed in the 17th century. The Sisters (played by Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kathy Najimy) embark on a hysterical journey to cast spells on the town so they can find their youth again.
A second Hocus Pocus is being released.
What date is Hocus Pocus 2 coming out?
Hocus Pocus 2 premiers on September 30, 2022. It will be released as part of the Halloween celebration season on the streaming service Disney+ (Disney Plus).
Is Hocus Pocus scary?
The Hocus Pocus movie is often described as a little scary, but not too scary of a Halloween story. The movie is listed as PG. It does have some adult level humor and concepts, but may be fine for kids who are age 10 and up.
27 Ideas for Hocus Pocus Theme Lessons / Hocus Pocus Party for Kids
Don’t forget about our free printable pdf Hocus Pocus quotes coloring pages after this section!
Hocus Pocus : Activities For Kids and Hocus Pocus Crafts
- Watch Hocus Pocus 1 and Hocus Pocus 2 (when it comes out)
- Read Hocus Pocus: The Illustrated Novelization
- Read Hocus Pocus book and watch the movies and have a compare and contrast exercise between the two.
- Watch America’s Hidden Stories: Salem’s Secrets about the real witches of Salem (IMPORTANT: covers advanced topics – great for older kids activities / high school lessons).
- Put on a spooky fashion show with the Sanderson Sisters kids’ costumes.
- Learn how to sing I Put A Spell On You and then put on a talent show.
- Make a black cat craft.
- Use mini pumpkins, markers, and Hocus Pocus stickers to decorate a Hocus Pocus pumpkin.
- Make cat no-carve pumpkins for the cat in Hocus Pocus.
- Learn how brooms are made by hand and then make your own DIY witch’s broom.
- Play with Hocus Pocus felts (great for kids’ play activities for younger kids!)
- String a Hocus Pocus bead necklace.
- Do witch scratch art.
- Play with black cat felts.
- Make scratch art witches wands.
- Have a dance party to the Hocus Pocus music.
- Throw a Hocus Pocus party! (Get Hocus Pocus party ideas here!)
YOU’LL ALSO LIKE THESE KIDS ACTIVITY RESOURCES AND HALLOWEEN LESSONS
Hocus Pocus Food
- Make disappearing Hocus Pocus buns.
- Make Sanderson Sisters graveyard pudding.
- Use drinks and toppings to make Hocus Pocus spells and glittering drinks potions with this recipe. (Grab this glass jar set for your potions!)
- Cook something from the Hocus Pocus cookbook.
- Make Hocus Pocus purple popcorn.
Hocus Pocus Games
- Play Pin the Witch on the Broom.
- Play the Hocus Pocus board game.
- Get the Hocus Pocus Tricks and Wits Card Game.
- Play the Hocus Pocus toss game.
- Make up your own game for Hocus Pocus using these collectible dice.