Amazon Prime Day deals and hacks for parents and kids, teachers, and homeschooling. We’ll give you unique tips (including when does Amazon Prime Day start this year) so you get the the best Amazon Prime Day deals and savings on your online shopping orders!
If you’ve been alive on social media the past few years, you’re probably NOT asking, “What’s Amazon Prime Day?” because you’ve heard a TON about Amazon Prime Day, where Amazon says it’s “a 2-day parade of epic deals.”
But … is it really?
I mean, I’m all for good sales on stuff I can use for home school, or early Christmas shopping, or home products, or kids’ toys.
But, do I really want to commit two days of refreshing an Amazon screen waiting for to save a few bucks?
Are Prime Day Deals really that good?
(The answer is YES, by the way…)
If you’re ready NOW to get to Prime Day deals so you can start making your list, here are our favorite picks. BE SURE TO SAVE THESE LINKS SO YOU CAN GO RIGHT TO THEM WHEN THE SALE STARTS!
WANT TO GET RIGHT TO OUR FAVORITE PRIME DAY DEALS?
► AmScope Microscopes for Kids: 15% OFF
► Taco vs. Burrito Game: 20% OFF
► Fire Tablets: Up to 45% OFF
► Arts & Crafts sets for kids: Up to 30% OFF
► Kindle Kids Edition: SAVE $35
► 12 Month Nintendo Switch Online Family Membership: SAVE 36%
► Instant Pot Products: UP TO 50% OFF
► STEM toys and building sets: UP TO 30% OFF
► Exploding Kittens Game: 30% OFF
When Is Amazon Prime Day 2020?
Amazon Prime Day 2019 was in July (as were the previous Prime Days). The dates for Amazon Prime Day 2020 have been announced!
*Amazon has confirmed that Prime Day 2020 will be held Tuesday, October 13th to Wednesday, October 14th.
So, if you’re wondering Amazon Prime Day when will it be? Mark your calendars for Prime Day October 13-14!
However, don’t let that stop you from looking at deals and getting ready to shop!
You can still prepare NOW for AMAZON PRIME DAY 2020!
AMAZON PRIME DAY INFORMATION
In this post I’ll cover:
- What is Amazon Prime Day?
- When is Amazon Prime Day?
- The Most Important Thing To Do RIGHT NOW In Order To Get Prime Day Deals
- How To Get Prime Day Deals Without Paying For A Prime Membership
- Best Deals for Amazon Prime Day
- What’s On Sale BEFORE Prime Day
- Deals That Homeschoolers and Teachers Can Use
- Direct Links for Prime Day Deals (So You Don’t Miss Anything!)
- How To Prepare EARLY To Get What You Need (And NOT Waste Time and Money)
What Is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day is legit like Christmas in July or summer’s version of Black Friday.
It’s when Amazon does a huge blow out sale and deep discounts on a large variety of items.
How does Amazon Prime Day work?
Amazon Prime Day includes:
- Deals in Electronics
- Amazon Exclusive Offers
- Prime Day Launches
And much, much more!
But —and this is important!— Prime Day deals are exclusively for Amazon Prime Members.
ENTER: Amazon Prime Free Trial
If you’re not already an Amazon Prime Member, you’ll want to sign up before Prime Day in order to take advantage of the extra savings. You can get an Amazon Prime 30 day trial for FREE!
How To Get Prime Day Deals Without Paying For A Prime Membership
If you decide to keep the Amazon Prime membership after the trial and enjoy the benefits all year long, it’s around $13/month.
Is Amazon Prime membership worth it?
We’ve been Amazon Prime Members for a few years now and find it well worth it for our family.
Here are some of the benefits of becoming a Prime Member:
- Free 2-day shipping
- Free same day shipping
- Prime member exclusive discounts
- Free unlimited streaming of movies and TV episodes
- Free unlimited, ad-free access to hundreds of Prime Playlists and more than two million songs
- Kindle Owners’ Lending Library
- Discounted prime channels like HBO, SHOWTIME and STARZ without a subscription/cable commitment
- Discounts from Whole Foods Market
- Prime Wardrobe try before you buy on eligible clothing
- Prime Reading to borrow books, magazines, and more from the Prime Reading catalog and read them on your Fire tablet, Kindle e-reader, or the Kindle reading apps for iOS and Android
- Early access for members in the U.S. to download a new book for free every month from the Amazon First Reads picks & MORE!
When Is Amazon Prime Day 2020?
Bookmark this post! We’ll update it when Amazon announces Prime Day 2020 dates.
When does Amazon Prime Day end?
It is two full days, or 48 hours, of sales and discounts.
DON’T MISS IMPORTANT PRIME DAY TIPS AT THE END OF THE POST!
Best Deals on Amazon Prime Day
The absolute best deals that you are going to get during Amazon Prime Day are with Amazon products.
(All those products are great for homeschooling, btw! We use them all during our course of homeschooling.)
Amazon also usually has “the biggest Prime Day deals ever on Alexa-enabled devices.”
This doesn’t mean that there won’t be amazing sales on other items (HELLOOOO INSTANT POT!), but you can count on great deals with Amazon specific products.
(Most of it is kind of a surprise until the sale starts!)
PRIME DAY HACK: Watch for Blue!
►Prime Day Deals all have a BLUE BADGE. So watch for that for savings.
PRIME DAY HACK: Ask Alexa!
►Have an Alexa device? Just ask it, “Alexa, what are my Prime Day Deals?” to hear some deals. You can start this the night before Prime Day, at midnight!
PRIME DAY HACK: Clip the Coupons!
►Check the Prime Coupons for even more savings. GO HERE TO CLIP THE COUPONS!
PRIME DAY HACK: Join Amazon Prime Day Sweepstakes! (New for Prime Day 2020)
►Get in on the AMAZON PRIME DAY SWEEPSTAKES for your chance to win a $1,000 Amazon Gift Card!GO HERE TO LEARN MORE
2020 Early Amazon Prime Day Deals & 2020 Prime Day Sales
Amazon releases early sales for Amazon Prime Day that you can take advantage of BEFORE the official Prime Day dates.
AND, there are usually some great educational tools for homeschooling, school, learning.
Some of these deals will end BEFORE the Amazon Prime Day sale begins!
Here are some Early Prime Day deals that may interest you for home, homeschooling and more.
We’ve also included some sales that have been released for the Prime Days, so bookmark those so you have them when the sales start!
EARLY PRIME DAY DEAL: Marty The Coding Robot ($40 OFF)
Marty the Coding Robot is a super cool programmable interactive dancing STEM toy robot educational kit.
EARLY PRIME DAY DEAL: $40 OFF when you click the COUPON BOX
EARLY PRIME DAY DEAL: Amazon Kids+ (97% OFF)
Amazon Kids+, formerly FreeTime Unlimited, gives you unlimited access to thousands of kid-friendly books, movies, TV shows, educational apps, games and more for ages 3-12.
During the early Prime Day Deal, you can get 97% OFF the family plan for 3 months for up to 4 kids!
EARLY PRIME DAY DEAL: ONLY .99 CENTS FOR 3 MONTHS!
EARLY PRIME DAY DEAL: Echo Show 5 (50% OFF)
The Echo Show 5 has a smart display with Alexa and video calling. You can also watch shows, cook along with videos, voice connect and control your other devices and more!
EARLY PRIME DAY DEAL: CHECK IT OUT NOW
PRIME DAY DEAL: Echo Dot (3rd Gen) (60% OFF)
The Amazon Echo Dot is only $18.99 during Prime Day!
EARLY PRIME DAY DEALS: Subscription Boxes and Discovery Boxes (UP TO 60% OFF)
Subscription boxes and discovery boxes are a great learning tool for homeschooling.
(We use several subscription boxes to supplement science and geography!)
With early Prime deals, you can try some of these subscription learning (and toy!) boxes for as much as 60% OFF, which makes one of them less than $4 to try the first month!
You can cancel anytime (yes, even after that $4 box!) and don’t have to commit to a full subscription.
EARLY PRIME DAY DEAL: Calphalon Digital Sauté Slow Cooker (36% OFF)
The Calphalon Digital slow cooker can sear, brown, sauté, and slow cook in one pot!
EARLY PRIME DAY DEAL: CHECK IT OUT NOW
EARLY PRIME DAY DEALS: Off To College (Up To 20% OFF)
“Off to College” items and dorm supplies are up to 20% OFF during Early Prime Deals.
You should definitely check them out because there are things in there you can use for homeschooling and your homeschool classroom area, too!
Need ideas? Head over here: College Dorm Rooms: Essentials and Ideas
PRIME DAY DEAL: Fire TV Edition Smart TVs start at just $79.99
PRIME DAY DEAL: iRobot Roomba Vacuums (Up to 33% OFF)
MORE DURING PRIME DAY
Once Prime Day starts, there will be MANY more deals (that aren’t announced yet!).
Here are helpful links to take you directly to the Prime Day Deals categories – be sure to bookmark them so you can go straight to the category when the sales start!
(You can scope out some of the stuff that may be going on sale if you click on the category link! Make your list early!)
BE SURE TO CHECK BACK HERE FOR UPDATED LINKS YOU’RE INTERESTED IN SO YOU DON’T MISS ANYTHING ONCE PRIME DAY STARTS!
✅ Prime Day Deals on Electronics (Including Amazon Prime Day TV Deals)
AMAZON PRIME DAY TIPS
- If you’re not a Prime Member already, sign up for the FREE trial BEFORE PRIME DAY.
- DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFOREHAND. If you know that you want a microscope, do your research on them and take notes on the ones you want to watch when the Prime Day sales start. We have comprehensive posts that can help you make decisions on these products BEFORE the sale starts:
- Be sure to check out the early deals (some listed above). If you see a deal you like, now’s the time to get it.
- Amazon Prime Deals are limited. So for many, once they’re sold out, it’s gone! For real, if you see a deal you want, don’t wait too long before you make a decision.
- Join us on Facebook where I’ll be sharing any great deals I find for homeschooling all day on Monday and Tuesday so you don’t need to waste time refreshing your page for deals!