Amazon Prime Day deals and hacks for parents and kids, teachers, and homeschooling. We’ll give you unique tips (including when does Amazon Prime Day start this year) so you get the the best Amazon Prime Day deals and savings on your online shopping orders!
If you’ve been alive on social media the past few years, you’re probably NOT asking, “What’s Amazon Prime Day?” because you’ve heard a TON about Amazon Prime Day, where Amazon says it’s “a 2-day parade of epic deals.”
But … is it really?
I mean, I’m all for good sales on stuff I can use for home school, or early Christmas shopping, or home products, or kids’ toys.
But, do I really want to commit two days of refreshing an Amazon screen waiting for to save a few bucks?
Are Prime Day Deals really that good?
(The answer is YES, by the way…)
When Is Amazon Prime Day 2020?
Amazon Prime Day 2019 was in July (as were the previous Prime Days). However, the dates for Amazon Prime Day 2020 have not been announced yet, but speculation is that it will occur sometime in August or September this year.
So, if you’re wondering Amazon Prime Day when will it be? We’ll keep you posted when it’s announced!
However, don’t let that stop you!
You can still prepare NOW for AMAZON PRIME DAY 2020!
AMAZON PRIME DAY INFORMATION
In this post I’ll cover:
- What is Amazon Prime Day?
- When is Amazon Prime Day?
- The Most Important Thing To Do RIGHT NOW In Order To Get Prime Day Deals
- How To Get Prime Day Deals Without Paying For A Prime Membership
- Best Deals for Amazon Prime Day
- What’s On Sale BEFORE Prime Day
- Deals That Homeschoolers and Teachers Can Use
- Direct Links for Prime Day Deals (So You Don’t Miss Anything!)
- How To Prepare EARLY To Get What You Need (And NOT Waste Time and Money)
What Is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day is legit like Christmas in July or summer’s version of Black Friday.
It’s when Amazon does a huge blow out sale and deep discounts on a large variety of items.
How does Amazon Prime Day work?
Amazon Prime Day includes:
- Deals in Electronics
- Amazon Exclusive Offers
- Prime Day Launches
And much, much more!
But —and this is important!— Prime Day deals are exclusively for Amazon Prime Members.
ENTER: Amazon Prime Free Trial
If you’re not already an Amazon Prime Member, you’ll want to sign up before Prime Day in order to take advantage of the extra savings. You can get an Amazon Prime 30 day trial for FREE!
How To Get Prime Day Deals Without Paying For A Prime Membership
If you decide to keep the Amazon Prime membership after the trial and enjoy the benefits all year long, it’s around $13/month.
Is Amazon Prime membership worth it?
We’ve been Amazon Prime Members for a few years now and find it well worth it for our family.
Here are some of the benefits of becoming a Prime Member:
- Free 2-day shipping
- Free same day shipping
- Prime member exclusive discounts
- Free unlimited streaming of movies and TV episodes
- Free unlimited, ad-free access to hundreds of Prime Playlists and more than two million songs
- Kindle Owners’ Lending Library
- Discounted prime channels like HBO, SHOWTIME and STARZ without a subscription/cable commitment
- Discounts from Whole Foods Market
- Prime Wardrobe try before you buy on eligible clothing
- Prime Reading to borrow books, magazines, and more from the Prime Reading catalog and read them on your Fire tablet, Kindle e-reader, or the Kindle reading apps for iOS and Android
- Early access for members in the U.S. to download a new book for free every month from the Amazon First Reads picks & MORE!
When Is Amazon Prime Day 2020?
Bookmark this post! We’ll update it when Amazon announces Prime Day 2020 dates.
When does Amazon Prime Day end?
It is two full days, or 48 hours, of sales and discounts.
DON’T MISS IMPORTANT PRIME DAY TIPS AT THE END OF THE POST!
Best Deals on Amazon Prime Day
The absolute best deals that you are going to get during Amazon Prime Day are with Amazon products.
(All those products are great for homeschooling, btw! We use them all during our course of homeschooling.)
Amazon also usually has “the biggest Prime Day deals ever on Alexa-enabled devices.”
This doesn’t mean that there won’t be amazing sales on other items (HELLOOOO INSTANT POT!), but you can count on great deals with Amazon specific products.
(Most of it is kind of a surprise until the sale starts!)
Early Amazon Prime Day Deals
Amazon releases early sales for Amazon Prime Day that you can take advantage of BEFORE the official Prime Day dates.
AND, there are usually some great educational tools for homeschooling, school, learning.
Some of these deals will end BEFORE the Amazon Prime Day sale begins!
Here are examples of Early Prime Day deals from last year that may interest you for home and homeschooling.
REMEMBER: These are from Amazon Prime Day 2019, but we will update them when the Prime Day 2020 information comes out.
Subscription Boxes and Discovery Boxes (UP TO 75% OFF)
Subscription boxes and discovery boxes are a great learning tool for homeschooling.
(We use several subscription boxes to supplement science and geography!)
With early Prime deals, you can try some of these subscription learning (and toy!) boxes for as much as 75% OFF, which makes one of them less than $4 to try the first month!
You can cancel anytime (yes, even after that $4 box!) and don’t have to commit to a full subscription.
Audible Audio Books (66% OFF)
Audible is a great service for homeschooling because you can listen to books!
It’s great for group “reading” time or even for your beginner or struggling readers.
With Audible you get:
- Get 1 audiobook and 2 Audible Originals each month for only $4.95 per month for 3 months (current deal).
- Easy exchanges—swap any audiobook you don’t love.
- Cancel anytime, your audiobooks are yours to keep.
- Access your Audible audiobooks on all Apple and Android devices, Alexa-enabled devices, and even on Kindle.
Instant Pot Duo 6-quart 7-in-1 Pressure Cooker (40% OFF)
The coveted Instant Pot.
If you’ve been watching your Facebook feed fill with Insta Pot recipes and are feeling left out, grab one on the early Prime Day Deals for 40% OFF.
These are great to use during your cooking projects with kids!
Ring Video Doorbell Pro and Echo Dot Package (ALMOST 40% OFF)
Here’s another home deal: the Ring Video Doorbell and Echo Dot package deal that saves you almost 40%!
We have a Ring Doorbell and, I have to tell you, it gives me a lot of peace of mind — especially since I’m home with my kid homeschooling all day, every day.
If you’ve been contemplating one for your family, this is a REALLY, REALLY great deal (especially since it comes with an Echo Dot! We bought ours separately!).
Echo Dot (50% OFF)
Can I be brutally honest?
I really didn’t want an Echo Dot smart speaker (with Alexa) in our house.
However, I was outvoted last year and my husband got a couple of them—one for his home office and one for our homeschool classroom.
I made a mistake on this one (not wanting it).
My kid uses it ALL. THE. TIME. for homeschooling—spelling, fact lookups, podcasts, definitions, music, AND MORE.
So, my husband was right no this one. (Don’t tell him I said so . . .)
This discounted Early Prime Day Deal is for the 3rd Generation Echo Dot.
Off To College (Up To 30% OFF)
“Off to College” items and dorm supplies are up to 30% OFF during Early Prime Deals.
You should definitely check them out because there are things in there you can use for homeschooling and your homeschool classroom area, too!
Need ideas? Head over here: College Dorm Rooms: Essentials and Ideas
Those were some of the deals that happened during Prime Day last year. Chances are, they’ll have some similar deals this year, but we’ll update this post as soon as we have more information on the sales.
DURING PRIME DAY
Once Prime Day starts, there will be MANY more deals (that aren’t announced yet!).
Here are helpful links to take you directly to the Prime Day Deals categories.
(You can kinda scope out some of the stuff that will be going on sale if you click on the category link!)
BE SURE TO CHECK BACK HERE FOR UPDATED LINKS YOU’RE INTERESTED IN SO YOU DON’T MISS ANYTHING ONCE PRIME DAY STARTS!
✅ Prime Day Deals on Electronics (Including Amazon Prime Day Tv Deals)
AMAZON PRIME DAY TIPS
- If you’re not a Prime Member already, sign up for the FREE trial BEFORE PRIME DAY.
- DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFOREHAND. If you know that you want a microscope, do your research on them and take notes on the ones you want to watch when the Prime Day sales start. We have comprehensive posts that can help you make decisions on these products BEFORE the sale starts:
- Be sure to check out the early deals (some listed above). If you see a deal you like, now’s the time to get it.
- Amazon Prime Deals are limited. So for many, once they’re sold out, it’s gone! For real, if you see a deal you want, don’t wait too long before you make a decision.
- Join us on Facebook where I’ll be sharing any great deals I find for homeschooling all day on Monday and Tuesday so you don’t need to waste time refreshing your page for deals!