If you’re looking for some learning fun, try adding Missing Link lesson plans to your studies!
(It makes a really fun theme lesson or unit study!)
In case you don’t know, the Missing Link movie is about Mr. Link, an 8 foot tall Bigfoot character.
From the website:
“Tired of living a solitary life in the Pacific Northwest, Mr. Link recruits fearless explorer Sir Lionel Frost to guide him on a journey to find his long-lost relatives in the fabled valley of Shangri-La.
Along with adventurer Adelina Fortnight, our fearless trio of explorers encounter more than their fair share of peril as they travel to the far reaches of the world to help their new friend.
Through it all, the three learn that sometimes you can find a family in the places you least expect.”
Missing Link Cast
The main cast members of the movie are:
Hugh Jackman as Sir Lionel Frost
Zoe Saldana as Adelina Fortnight
Zach Galifianakis as Mr. Link
Missing Link Trailer [VIDEO]
DISCLOSURE: Affiliate links are used on this site and may be used in this post.
Please refer to our DISCLOSURE STATEMENT.
TAP & PIN TO SAVE FOR LATER!
23 Missing Link Lesson Plans, Activities, and Crafts
Because Missing Link is based on a Bigfoot-like character, you can have a lot of fun with Missing Link lesson plans and activities.
Don’t be afraid to get creative!
(This is the perfect topic for being silly!)
Here are some great ways to incorporate this watch-and-learn topic into your learning:
- Download the Missing Link Activity Book
- Have an interactive Missing Link adventure with Alexa (Need Alexa? Go here!)
- Grab a BIGFOOT RESEARCH KIT and go on your own nature hike, er, Bigfoot hunt!
- Read Looking for Bigfoot
- Read about the difference between Sasquatch, Bigfoot, Yeti, and Abominable Snowman and the origins
- Watch a documentary on Bigfoot
- Get a free “Does Bigfoot Really Exist?” lesson plan (Grades 5-8)
- Do a Bigfoot & Introduction To Folklore Lesson Plan
- Do an Urban Legends research project (Grade 8)
- Read A Smile for Sasquatch: A Missing Link Story
- Watch a video on Science and Bigfoot (yes! really!)
- Then, take a crytozoology quiz
- Take a virtual field trip to the Museum of Unnatural Mystery to learn more about Bigfoot in North America
- Download free Bigfoot printables coloring pages
- Make Bigfoot stomping feet
- Do a Bigfoot Spotting: An Area and Perimeter Performance Task (Grades 3-6)
- Download the Add and Subtract Within 20 Freebie “Tracking Bigfoot” Exercise (Grades 1-3)
- Do a Bigfoot Word Search
- Be inspired by a fun Bigfoot short story and do some creative writing (Grades 2-4)
- Download a Bigfoot template to use for whatever you want!
- Make Bigfoot and Yeti hand puppets
- Make “Bigfoot Droppings”
- Read The Bigfoot Book: The Encyclopedia of Sasquatch, Yeti and Cryptid Primates
MORE THEME LESSONS: TRY THESE NEXT
JUMANJI LESSON PLANS AND ACTIVITIES (BOOK AND MOVIE)
WONDER LESSON PLANS (BOOK AND MOVIE)
32 PADDINGTON BEAR LESSON PLANS AND ACTIVITIES (BOOK AND MOVIE)
WRINKLE IN TIME LESSON PLANS AND PROJECT IDEAS (MOVIE AND BOOK)
60 PETER RABBIT ACTIVITIES AND LESSON PLANS (MOVIE AND BOOK)
COCO MOVIE LESSON PLANS
FERDINAND THE BULL ACTIVITIES AND LESSONS (MOVIE AND BOOK)